"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:21:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reduced Item Loss When Killed  (Read 1791 times)

Reduced Item Loss When Killed
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:41:37 pm »

This isn't a gripe thread about getting PKed, before anyone gets that idea.

When you're killed, usually you are resurrected in a place where some NPC there will give you a story about finding you in the desert and nursing you back to health.

Did you ever find it sort of odd that, , happening upon a group of radscorpions that just happen to take you out, that when you're nursed back to health it seems that someone has taken every stitch of clothing and all your items?  I kind of do.

How about this: When you're killed, if nobody loots your body, you keep most or all of your items.  To balance this out, NPCs that are around when you die should loot your body, if they see you fall.  That is, if they're the kind of people that would take your stuff in the first place.  Dying in a city would pretty much guarantee that you'd lose everything.  Getting PKed would absolutely guarantee the loss of all your items.  Being killed by a caravan would make sure you lose everything... BUT getting killed by a pack of wild dogs would only rob you of anything edible and/or leather.  In any case, the people nursing you back to health would probably take all your money... it's only fair.

Alternatively, or maybe even in addition to this, there should be some way, in most areas where you start, to get simple items like knives or pipe rifles.  Maybe the good samaritan that nursed you back to health would have a little bit of something to give you in order to see you on your way.  Nothing major, just some little bit of first aid and a simple weapon.  After all, it would make it much less likely that you'd be right back there in a few hours (of game time).
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Re: Reduced Item Loss When Killed
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:53:02 pm »

You're not healed.
You're replicated, it's your close, you must be happy that they atleast gave to you a bluesuit, and you're not running around in panties.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:15:13 pm »

When you die, you keep playing the game as the last chars brother. Didnt you know it?
Edit: Oh, and Ravenous, some people surely would like to see people running around in panties. World is sick, you kno...
I give a fuck.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:07:07 am »

Excellent points, but ultimately metagame I think.  Next time you die in-game (if you do) try talking to the people around the area where you spawn.  They will tell you a story about dragging you in from the wastes.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:13:50 am »

Excellent points, but ultimately metagame I think.  Next time you die in-game (if you do) try talking to the people around the area where you spawn.  They will tell you a story about dragging you in from the wastes.
If he does?  lol he is GOING TO die xD.  Everyone does >.>.  Except Vedaras :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:20 am »

Yeah that sounded weird... I should have said "If you remember next time you die"
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 06:40:55 am »

And you read what you can say at that Modoc spawn point, something like:
"But last I can remember was a guy who made from me pieces of meat from rocketlauncher!"
So, they simply made a clone from you and droped somewhere in a wastes.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:53:40 am »

I actually think, that when spawning a npc could give you a sledgehammer or a simple knife to start over. This way people don't start with nothing.
Though they could simply grab a flint and make a primitive tool.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 10:46:50 pm »

how did this transfer from TLA? in tla you were REPLICATED, there were REPLICATION PLANTS
there was HELL
there was alot of "intresting" stuff
here there is none of it :D so how come we get replicated if we are in 2238 now? :D and no one mentions it? lazyness
Do not piss me off.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:55 pm »

so how come we get replicated if we are in 2238 now? :D and no one mentions it? lazyness

As you can see we replicate too. ;p

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 06:22:18 am »

This idea would work, Except the Story is that You Get replicated by Hubologists :P You Dont actually get Revived ( Stupid Modoc Farmer xD )
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 03:00:57 pm »

Where is that idea, Feltzer? I've died probably 20 times and never came across that story.  Are you thinking of a different game?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

Nah he is talking about the farmer at the modoc respawn. You can talk with him.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.