"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 09:40:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In-game Options Screen  (Read 1246 times)

In-game Options Screen
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »

I know this is probably already planned, along with 3d characters and other goodies I've seen in the tech demos, but I thought I'd mention a few things that I'd like to see on there.

A.  Real-time/Turn-based combat - So we can switch modes easilly.
B.  Always Run - Very important, and is not implemented right now at all.  I'm tired of holding down shift.
C.  Changing default FOV, Range, and Name display - These features are already in the game, but you have to turn them on every time.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Re: In-game Options Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:05:57 pm »

I know this is probably already planned, along with 3d characters and other goodies I've seen in the tech demos, but I thought I'd mention a few things that I'd like to see on there.

A.  Real-time/Turn-based combat - So we can switch modes easilly.
B.  Always Run - Very important, and is not implemented right now at all.  I'm tired of holding down shift.
C.  Changing default FOV, Range, and Name display - These features are already in the game, but you have to turn them on every time.

I agree also
.: I Like It :.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:51 pm »

Yes to an in-game options screen with these and probably other options.

As for point B, you can run by double clicking. No need using shift.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:19:27 pm by HertogJan »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:48:26 pm »

Shift clicking saves precious time, and you still can't run up when using an attack (but that has already been deeply discussed).

I agree with this too because when i am fighting a bunch of encounters, sometimes Real-time is better and sometimes Turn-based is better, depending on what I am fighting.

Yes, we can just exit out of the game go to FOconfig and change it every single time we want to do something different, but that is a pain and I wish we could change it from the actual game (while not in an encounter, of course).

And the third is less important but still could be useful and less annoying too. At least you can toggle it on and off it in the game.  :P
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »

My thoughts exactly Abe.

Any other ideas on things that really should be in the options screen? We already know it's going to be implemented eventually, so why not put down ideas of things that we need now, while it's still in the works?
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 23 queries.