"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:29:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Online Character Builder for FOnline 2238  (Read 10937 times)

Re: Online Character Builder for FOnline 2238
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »

If the creator will some day run his eye over the Builder it would be nice to make HPs recalculate to the player's current level/ stats/ perks on page reload of current character sheet. I think there is a "problem" if you for example just lvl up to 21 and decide to choose perks afterward. Then the lifegiver(s) you took won't add you any HP, because technically taken you weren't actually "leveling up" with those perks. Maybe this also applies on Educated or something else (haven't tried).
Sorry if bothering or stupid suggestion, anyway it is just a very little problem in a very good script. You can anytime make a new character when you have decided for Lifegiver(s).
Also if easily made it would be fine to lvl straight to 21 and then choose perks, have HP and skill point number recalculated to "actual" perks/ stats and split skill points.

Thanks once more for exquisite Char. Builder. ;)
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:06 pm »

it would be nice to make HPs recalculate to the player's current level/ stats/ perks on page reload of current character sheet.

No because, it was meant to be like when you play the game.

If you forgot to take the perk whenever you should take it, then you don't have the maximum amount of points you need.

This is same for skill points, this builder allow you to see how much point you will have at level 10, 12 15 or whatever. It is just like in the game and it's meant for newcommers. It's better to make a mistake on the builder and see what you done wrong because of the low amount of HP, skillpoints with educated etc.. rather than make a mistake inside the game and reroll your character from level 1 because of that.

Actually the builder is not finished yet but i don't have time expand it more. The third phase of this project was about doing some test like if you were in game. How many damage you can expect from weapons, how many "real" critical chance, what distance you can shoot and still have a good chance to hit. Simulating combat against another character with different rate of fire that depends on your amount of AP. Using armors and drugs and see the effects etc..
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:33:08 pm by HawK-EyE »
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 02:21:55 pm »

I understand. And the builder is definitely more than sufficient. :) Thanks.
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 06:21:01 pm »

Little update, Fixed the annoying bug that occurs when you already have a perk that give bonus in real-time, you could get this perk more than allowed.

For example : When you already have the perk "medic" selected in another level, the builder don't check for bonus, since the 'selector' is disabled. Then you can choose 'medic' another time since it is the same check for updating bonus and for the counter of this perk. It only occurs for perks that gives bonus to your character's statistics, though. I've seperated the two checks and now you can take this perk just one time, as usual.

If you find any mistake or miscalculation, don't forget to tell me.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:24:18 pm by HawK-EyE »

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »

Very buggy.

I normally start using... choose traits, tagged skills and so on. Then click Create character -> Then Save & Level up -> Puf.

Gender = Homme
Trait 1 = Blank1
Trait 2 = Blank2
Level = 19
SPEACIAL = all 5
Tagged skills = no tagged skills
Perks = Level 3 perks, Educated, Educated, Educated, Level 3 perks, Level 3 perks and Level 3 perks.

Cannot select tagged skills. Cannot change Educated perks. Pressing level up again throws me to level 20 and then back to level 19.

Great! but please, change alert to some other notification. It is grrrr brrrr annoying :)

You could make a settings page where you can edit some basic settings (for example: Disable notifications: Yes/No).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:01:09 pm by Opera »
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

doesnt work with opera  :-X
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 04:51:52 pm »

Yes this only works under Firefox, don't use IE or Opera or you will get many many errors.

I'm still working on improvements to make it work on those browsers though.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »

How'd you code this little program that its only optimized for FF?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 05:57:52 pm »

Some little php and a lot of javascript, which i am really far away of being an expert with.

Lots of bugs comes from the fact that there is only one page that do pretty everything (builder_eng.php), every infos for next level are in the $_POST variables, which is doubled with a single SQL request, everytime the page is loaded. This is the same page, for viewing-only other characters members, viewing your own characters and leveling up.

I also don't have a good debugger for IE, Opera or any other browser, whereas "Firebug" is doing great job for FireFox debugging . I wanted to add the most features i could in a minimum amount of time, and debugging it for every others browsers after the main page would be "complete".

I also thought everybody was using Firefox nowadays ;D

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 08:16:15 am »

Yes this only works under Firefox, don't use IE or Opera or you will get many many errors.

I'm still working on improvements to make it work on those browsers though.

I'm using Firefox 3.6 and it doesn't work (mistake in PHP I guess).

I checked that there is some char named as None. I made my char None too, so it just takes the info of that other None char. User gets confused by this way (you are making your own char and suddenly you have some already made char in the screen).
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.