• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Death  (Read 3925 times)

Death
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:38 am »

Started tonight, started shoveling shit in NCR, and made a mistake trying to push a brahmin, and somehow accidentally attacked it. Got massacred in 2 seconds.

Pissed me the hell off.

Anyway, seeing how easy it is to drop dead, 2 questions:

1. When I respawned I had nothing in my inventory. Is there a chance I'd be able to run back to where I died and get my stuff back (like in Diablo 2)?

2. If you're wearing armor and have a weapon equipped, do those get lost too when you die? If so, I don't know I'm up for this game.
Re: Death
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:14 am »

Started tonight, started shoveling shit in NCR, and made a mistake trying to push a brahmin, and somehow accidentally attacked it. Got massacred in 2 seconds.

Pissed me the hell off.

1. When I respawned I had nothing in my inventory. Is there a chance I'd be able to run back to where I died and get my stuff back (like in Diablo 2)?

2. If you're wearing armor and have a weapon equipped, do those get lost too when you die? If so, I don't know I'm up for this game.

You lose everything on death. This is a full loot game.

Anyway, I suggest you do quests instead and craft, they earn far more than shit shoveling and are far more interresting.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:09 am »

Pissed me the hell off.

When you die on constant map (city, base, tent, place where you always can go) you drop all the stuff and anyone can pick it back. If you manage to go there quickly before someone finds it, you get the stuff back. If someone loots it all you loose the stuff. If you die in PvE in an encounter, and noone to bak you up, you loose everything. This aint casual game, its hardcore one. (Aint gonna use ''Wasteland iz harshz'')
I give a fuck.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »

Not casual... crazy. How am i supposed to start at all? I have literally no chance against the weakest encounters. The online version is a good idea, losing evrything on death is a bad one.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »

Not casual... crazy. How am i supposed to start at all? I have literally no chance against the weakest encounters. The online version is a good idea, losing evrything on death is a bad one.
h

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:22:02 pm »

The rest of us here did it, but if you find yourself in an especially difficult place, join #TheLastLight on the forrest.net server on the IRC
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:33:34 pm »

the badest thing is that most places where u can earn lot of caps are mostly full with pks and a if u wanna get a car , its the best thing , i ve died so many times there with caps in my han because of some stupid players ... but leran to play use sandboxie for dual logs , thats all what i can say ... to keep the risk low , sad but true alone in this game u wont get rich or anything else , so deal with it ... wasteland is harsh .

TheLastLight is a good place check them out
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:23 pm »

At first, create a tent. Then hunt radscorpions or mantis to xp.Craft is a good way to start the game.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:55:32 pm »

Also,build that encourage variety are doomed to be tremendous fail.You have to rationalize very single parameter to its best.Try to use search and insert stuff like -bg builds,pve fast shooter,thrower and check out some good idea to build your character in a way he can survive proficiently.Don-t think you can do it alone.You can't.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:44 am »

I can  ;D
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 08:45:14 am »

sad but true alone in this game u wont get rich or anything else , so deal with it ... wasteland is harsh .
i disagree with this quote, actualy i have not seen rich player who would earned his wealth thanks to cooperation with frends... Yes he made it thanks to alts, but alone, dualoging, fastreloging, but mostly alone...

Full loot means that you are risking what you carry on you, its fair system, and there is crafting system which allows you to earn multiple various goods nearly in safe condition , just alting and bases on strategical spots...

Information will help you build up a lesser or greater empire. Just keep asking and do not rage after each death.

http://chat.forestnet.org/?channels=thelastlight
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:43 pm »

lol u know how craftingsystem is fucked up , farming is way more attractive also stealing is better then crafting stims or ammo rofl that means just more alts ... its just boring

greenthumb

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »

lol u know how craftingsystem is fucked up , farming is way more attractive also stealing is better then crafting stims or ammo rofl that means just more alts ... its just boring

Crafting is unfinished but almost balanced i would say. Stealing is alternative to crafting , way more effective alternative , but only for few goods. And yes it becomes boring if its repeated multi-multi-mutliple times. Thats why iam trying to become efficient as much as possible, so i spend minimum time doing activites wich have to be repeated. Alts are not wrong in meaning of various specialization, those are wrong only in meaning of abusing activites/events which are not customizable for this multi-alt natured game(its mostly PVP).

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 09:13:27 pm »

crafting is balanced ? o.O man to have 100 5m ap u need to go to mine get that all shit u need to craft take that all to advenced wb  & aftr 1.5 h u have some ammo & if u have luck u cane kill one player using a avenger. and on thef in 4 min u cane get ammo that be inowf to kill 3 platers so where is that balance between amount & timethat i need to invest.
to craft minigun or laser rifle u to need to spend alot of time to have it  not better is go & kill BH patrol & get few of them.
crafting need to be competitive whit stealing & farming only then u cane tell its blanced.

greenthumb

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:33 pm »

crafting is balanced ? o.O man to have 100 5m ap u need to go to mine get that all shit u need to craft take that all to advenced wb  & aftr 1.5 h u have some ammo & if u have luck u cane kill one player using a avenger. and on thef in 4 min u cane get ammo that be inowf to kill 3 platers so where is that balance between amount & timethat i need to invest.
to craft minigun or laser rifle u to need to spend alot of time to have it  not better is go & kill BH patrol & get few of them.
crafting need to be competitive whit stealing & farming only then u cane tell its blanced.

To get 100 5mm ap (by crafting)you need 1HQ mineral and 2 HQ iron or,i use to gather 50-60 hq stuff per one mining trip(5-10 min), then i would craft 2000 5mm ap at once ! OFC i will not go forth and back to AWB with each mineral :/, if you do so iam realy sorry :( .

Stealing 5mm ap is just alternative , way more efficient but i doubt you know most efficient ways anyway. Somtimes not even 1000 5mm ap is not enough to kill player, so your explanations are quite irrelevant. Laser rifles or miniguns, doh those weapons are crap and i would be ashamed if anybody would find and kill me on my PVP alt wielding those. Yes you are particualry right, but i guess you never tried to craft MFC or 5mm AP and our attention to most important things vanishes.

sstims are only goods which stealing is significantly better, maybe there should be changed recipe.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 18 queries.