"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 06:32:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Make Speech useful!  (Read 3055 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Make Speech useful!
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »

Make speech usable for quests, for example - You have 6 charisma, you accept a quest, you have to talk to a random person and persuade him to do something. If your Speech skill is high, you can complete the quest without doing a favor for this guy, but by just persuading him. But if your charisma is too low and your speaking skills are... v-v-ery... wob...wobbl... wobbly, the guy will just flip you off and quest failed POOF!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: Make Speech useful!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

Of course everyone would tag speech then (sarcasm)...naaah
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:08:05 am »

Well if Speech was more useful, maybe they should.

Ultimately, it would be nice if every single skill was very useful.  Then we'd have to make decisions about which ones to tag instead of the same old same-old.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

kraskish

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:51:46 am »

To be honest 3 charisma requirement is high enough concerning half of the community has 1 :p

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:54:41 am »

To be honest 3 charisma requirement is high enough concerning half of the community has 1 :p
I don't see why more people don't have 9+magnetic...

A rich charisma character is more powerful than any powerbuild >.>.

5 muties with rocket launchers one on one with a powerbuild of almost any kind...  I'll bet my money on the mercenaries please :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:37 am »

I don't see why more people don't have 9+magnetic...

A rich charisma character is more powerful than any powerbuild >.>.

5 muties with rocket launchers one on one with a powerbuild of almost any kind...  I'll bet my money on the mercenaries please :P.

I thought so too till i realized you can one shot them and they aren't smart enough to use superstims properly.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:34:51 am »

I thought so too till i realized you can one shot them and they aren't smart enough to use superstims properly.
No npc in this game uses superstims...

How can you one shot a 300+ hp super-armored mutant?....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:47:36 am »

It's called instant kills.
It's what I think ruins the game currently. Basicly if you have a succesfull luck roll vs the oponents luck/end you hit all the hp he has. So no matter if he has 250 hp or 5 hp. You hit that amount. and the critters dies. That's why having 1 luck is a deathwish in PvP. (it's a deathwish even without insta kills)
As far as I know, Mutants are easy to insta kill. If you want to try it yourself, pay the Molerats a visit and aim at their eyes. They are easy to insta.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:18:08 pm »

back to topic?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:37 pm »

It's called instant kills.
It's what I think ruins the game currently. Basicly if you have a succesfull luck roll vs the oponents luck/end you hit all the hp he has. So no matter if he has 250 hp or 5 hp. You hit that amount. and the critters dies. That's why having 1 luck is a deathwish in PvP. (it's a deathwish even without insta kills)
As far as I know, Mutants are easy to insta kill. If you want to try it yourself, pay the Molerats a visit and aim at their eyes. They are easy to insta.

Have we gone back in time? Instant kils are pretty rare  :-\
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »

Have we gone back in time? Instant kils are pretty rare  :-\

Actually, I level on Molerats with instant kills. 9 out 10 critical hits are instant kills. So it's really easy.

kraskish

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »

Actually, I level on Molerats with instant kills. 9 out 10 critical hits are instant kills. So it's really easy.

confirming that.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:40 pm »

Molerats use the rat critical table. The rat critical table is always an instant death to an eyeshot when you have better criticals.

Mutants use the Mutant table (which is identical to the player table) where instants are actually pretty rare. You have the same chance of insta killing a merc as you do insta killing a player.

Though the Rat crits is a known issue and will be fixed in time. Mutated Molerats are how I level to 21 too :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 07:43:36 pm »

Point blank avenger with brd x 2. its roughly 500-700 dmg before reduction

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:23 pm »

Have we gone back in time? Instant kils are pretty rare  :-\
My laser sniper had approx. 1 instakill per laser rifle clip guaranteed. Mostly even more. Thats on man beings, not rats.
I give a fuck.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 21 queries.