"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:57:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: limit shouting  (Read 2371 times)

limit shouting
« on: June 13, 2010, 01:54:30 pm »

For some reason some annoying people trying to sell stuff find it necessary to spam the trade channel.
Even with the expanded chat window (F5 key), all you see is there message.

Can the use of shouting be limited a bit?
Perhaps by adding a cooldown of 1 minute after 5 shout messages within an x amount of time.
Re: limit shouting
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 01:57:27 pm »

What about making symbols/minute limit based on speech skill? ^_^
With high speech skill you can spam whole day, 1 CH non-tagged speech skill and you'll need to wait between long messages.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:04 pm »

Oh cool a new "Spam in NCR barter alt" it is then?

I know that those people can be quite annoying, so I think there should be some sort of limit.
but, it shouldn't be 5 to one minute. Maybe after you have done like 6 shouts in row, you can only do them once every 20 seconds for like two minutes, and then repeat cycle.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:49 pm »

Oh cool a new "Spam in NCR barter alt" it is then?

I know that those people can be quite annoying, so I think there should be some sort of limit.
but, it shouldn't be 5 to one minute. Maybe after you have done like 6 shouts in row, you can only do them once every 20 seconds for like two minutes, and then repeat cycle.

This is more reasonable as shouting is also used when out of line of sight in groups.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 08:23:23 pm »

Oh also now that you mentioned the FoV and shouting, I think that if a spamming-cap were ever implemented, it should only apply to guarded cities, or at least it shouldn't apply in bases or random encounters.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 03:46:10 am »

how about a market system instead lol so players can sell thei shit on it instead of hanging around ncr like abunch of noobs
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 11:22:07 am »

From my own experience fonline has antiflood system... but the speech idea would be nice :D But I would go further then that. nontagged speech 1ch (about 20%) would be able to send 1 message every 15s....  :d 100% = normal
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:00:46 pm »

That's retarded. Take the brain damaged guy that wanders the alleys around my house. He isn't smart and sure as hell isn't charismatic, I'm not even sure he can talk but he screams constantly.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

That's retarded. Take the brain damaged guy that wanders the alleys around my house. He isn't smart and sure as hell isn't charismatic, I'm not even sure he can talk but he screams constantly.
You still thinking that game has something realistic?

A guy who wanders around my house getting a head shot, after that he shouts bad cyrillic words and not dying, grabbing minigun from his pocket and bursting attacker? It's impossible, let's make impossible to hold minigun elsewhere but main hand and let's all die with 1 shot in head.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:38:31 pm »

You still thinking that game has something realistic?

A guy who wanders around my house getting a head shot, after that he shouts bad cyrillic words and not dying, grabbing minigun from his pocket and bursting attacker? It's impossible, let's make impossible to hold minigun elsewhere but main hand and let's all die with 1 shot in head.

Clearly you've never been to moscow.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:59 am »

Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 18 queries.