"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:23:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tiny status and Even tinier tools  (Read 2373 times)

Tiny status and Even tinier tools
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »

Tiny status

Today i bring you brand new tool, now finally useful. This tool checks status of desired server automatically at specified interval. After server becomes online it can do some cool things, its just new and REALLY better version of FO Autochecker. This one is useful and tiny, it can switch server in matter of two clicks and you can set server IP adress and port yourself that it will work again for any server in case that server would change IP adress again.

Why new name? Because previous versions were just to test out my programming skills, this program is made to be useful. Thats why i made second tool "Even tinier" (more info below)

This version doesnt have russian translation yet, if you can make one (brief instructions are in readme file and in English.lng file) i will be very thankful and put your name in readme file. Chuvachello is making one but i dont know how long it will take. Also you can send me any other translation that you make and i post them too.

Download: http://halfrobot.wz.cz/count/click.php?id=24
It is hosted on my own website so dont worry about PHP, it will simply redirect you to the file and count your download.

Screenshots:

Even tinier
Even tinier is tool included in the package, its size can be as small as 55x66 pixels! It will check status of both servers at once and show you number of online players. It is intended for long-time use and so its interval is 5x longer than interval set in settings. It has checkbox that will toggle form border, form border allows you to move window to desired location, then uncheck the box to make it smaller. If you want to close this tool click the little plain button or press Alt+F4.

Even tinier Screenshot:

Now i will be happy to get some feedback so i can know if it can be futher improved.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:02:45 am by kyborekcz »
Dumb people say what they know, wise people know what they say.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: Tiny status and Even tinier tools
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:50:51 pm »

Nice one kybor. I'll give it a try.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »

Can you give me the source code id like to get and idea on how u did it.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:50:42 pm »

Can you give me the source code id like to get and idea on how u did it.

For correct ping send 4 bytes to server - 0xFFFFFFFF, than receive 16 bytes, where 4 is current online, 4 bytes is uptime in seconds, others 8 is reserved. After server drop connection.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:51 pm »

I am afraid that i can not give your whole code of it. But the connection is as simple as Ghosthack quoted. Simply open a socket (ip + port) to server and send there 0xFFFFFFFF, after that you receive 16 bytes of info from server, then close connection.

Anyways if you use C# for programming and you are interested in specific features i can send them their code, because programming of unknown is simply serching on web, so i could save you some searching work.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:12:19 pm »

i know vb.net and some c++
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »

then i think i wont be able to help you much unless you want to learn C# (it is the easier one). Because there is sooo big difference in programming between C++ and C#. I learned C# at school, and i wanted to learn C++ too but it is just much more complicated and different
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 18 queries.