"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 03:16:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combat cooldown and scoring hits while running.  (Read 2383 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Combat cooldown and scoring hits while running.
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »

So... How long is the combat timeout anyway if i may ask?

Does it depend on amount of enemies, their AP or scored hits?
I was trying to escape with 8 AP around the map from some raiders with spears and guns, all the exit grid along, until i got killed.
How come that NPC can run and strike in the same time? (and a player cannot?)
"Combat timeout. wait"
A message i learned to hate.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Combat cooldown and scoring hits while running.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:16:05 pm »

I think the combat timeout is about ~10 seconds. If you are hit during those 10 seconds, the timeout simply starts over.
NPC in encounters just shoot at you, then run quickly to follow you, even if they're out of Action Points. So the best strategy when followed by groups of NPC is to make them loose all their AP, to make them unable to shoot at you when you are running. Then, step in the exit grid, and you're out.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:36:14 pm »

NPC in encounters just shoot at you, then run quickly to follow you, even if they're out of Action Points. So the best strategy when followed by groups of NPC is to make them loose all their AP, to make them unable to shoot at you when you are running. Then, step in the exit grid, and you're out.

Wait, how do i make them loose AP, if they don't spend any on moving? I do. My AP reduces to 1 when i run, regenerating slowly after i stop.
But they chase me and land hits with spears, while i run. So don't they need to regenerate AP, like mine or are they regenerating so insanely fast thanks to their Agility or other stats?

Also, if i let them hit me, hoping to deplete their turns, following happens:
If you are hit during those 10 seconds, the timeout simply starts over.
So then Jog of Death can continue.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:34:13 am »

I don't think NPC's us AP like we do, I've seen deathclaws move and do multiple attacks and they have 6 ap.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.