"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 09:37:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: China as new superpower  (Read 5884 times)

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
China as new superpower
« on: June 02, 2010, 11:20:09 pm »

Communism sounded good on paper too.

China is the worlds new superpower

Solar

• Rotator
China as new superpower
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:51:27 pm »

Because they opened up to free trade, yes
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
China as new superpower
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »

yeah but this wont last very long, at the moment all the poison theyve been exporting in everything they put out is finally starting to catch up with them. like the cardboard in pills, the asbestos in the sheetrock that was sent to new orleans, the lead in the paint of the toys they manufacture, all in all china will be regulated out of its top spot, the only reason they make so much is because they use sub-par everything.
plasma nade your face off!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: China as new superpower
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:08:20 am »

yeah but this wont last very long, at the moment all the poison theyve been exporting in everything they put out is finally starting to catch up with them. like the cardboard in pills, the asbestos in the sheetrock that was sent to new orleans, the lead in the paint of the toys they manufacture, all in all china will be regulated out of its top spot, the only reason they make so much is because they use sub-par everything.
this.  I hope to fucking god.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:15:17 am »

I didnt really get the point of this, but
like the cardboard in pills, the asbestos in the sheetrock that was sent to new orleans, the lead in the paint of the toys they manufacture
Yeah. This. Especially the last one. I recall having some scandal around where i live about lead and other heavy metals in baby toys from China.
I give a fuck.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:19:02 am »

I didnt really get the point of this, butYeah. This. Especially the last one. I recall having some scandal around where i live about lead and other heavy metals in baby toys from China.
People say America was ruthless......  China is fucking psychotic.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:20:37 am »

A political debate in the FOnline forum? Oh lordy.  :-\
Better prepare.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:17 am »

It's more like free trade opened to them...

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:54 am »

China has the 2nd biggest economy, has been expanding while america and europes economies crumble and is in the middle of creating a middle class. America owes "As of May 26, 2010, the Total Public Debt Outstanding was 88.9% of GDP, approximately $13 trillion" "In May 2009, the US owed China $772 billion.". No one can compete with their wages as they have a content workforce (factory work is better than toiling in fields) who get's paid almost nothing, not to mention an insane population. Everything you buy is made in china. As for them being crazy, yeah their gov't is disgusting but they also have less people in prison per capita than the US and half the murder rate. Plus the US can't really claim any kind of moral high ground they are on the same level as most of the dictators/terrorists they go after they put there to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:30:49 am by Ziven »

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 12:36:46 am »

they have less people in prison because most of the time people get executed.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 01:29:35 am »

As of May 26, 2010, the Total Public Debt Outstanding was 88.9% of GDP
As long as they can sustain their level of activity, and maintain the thrust in their economy, it will turn out ok. Most developped countries have such rates anyway.
"In May 2009, the US owed China $772 billion."
They owed about the same sum to Japan for years now... Anyway, that also makes China dependant of the US. No more US, no more money.

Everything you buy is made in china.
Yep. But how many things invented in China are we (the western world?) using? Please don't tell me the black powder. That was ages ago.

Well anyway, no one is going to contest China ain't a military and economic superpower. But it still lack a lot of maturity before it can pretend to the same level as the US. And if China achieve this maturity (mainly with a numerous, educated middle class and democracy), well they wont be able to pay the same wages to their workers, thus losing economic competivity. Well, that's how I see it anyway. As long as the two superpowers don't make me live in a fallout shelter, I guess I will be happy.

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:46 am »

I'm just saying china is on its way up while the post ww2 prosperity in the states has fallen apart and the country is in decline.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:00 am »

Poland is new super nova ! :P

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 10:22:39 am »

Poland is new super nova ! :P

Poland can into space? Supernova is a arriving light from star which exploded millions of years ago, btw.

As for China, i heard that their primary objectives are logistical infrastructures and heavy industry, since Mao destroyed agriculture pretty much back then. And Chinese are learning very eagerly from the West.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:19 pm »

China is communist ? That's new. Chinese people have a free economy, and the only aspect where they look like communists is the dictatorship they all live with. Though if you ask my opinion Staline's USSR wasn't communist, neither than Mao's China. True political communism is Trotsky's one, and has never been set up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:19:58 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.