"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 07:21:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Changelog 2/06/2010  (Read 20936 times)

Re: Changelog 2/06/2010
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:50 pm »

Well they have like 1000% sneak so they are pretty much invisible  :P Well, of course when they don't forget about turning it on (hi jovi)  :P

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2010, 06:08:06 pm »

With "broken" FOV, it didn't worked.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 06:24:46 pm »

You're right. I love you all for allowing me to play this game for free. Thank You.

*Edited for Tone*

Whatta f? There is a freedom of word the hell. Stop editing not your posts... if you can't stand a bit of criticism how you're gonna do really good game? Not only you play this game, even if you're devs not we, you should respect some our rights... the hell!

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a place where you have any rights other than to obey our rules or leave. This just confirms what I wrote earlier

I think somewhere along the line you have become confused as to the exact dynamic between the Devs and GMs and you.

Trolling needlessly, particularly against the GMs who give up their free time to do what is not a very fun job, isn't a great idea. Especially when you haven't got the first idea how much work they actually put in.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:24 pm »

There is a freedom of word the hell.
You are an idiot. The hell.

What? Freedom of word, isn't it?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Crysis

• Surviving The Holocaust.
    • Fonline 2238 Wiki
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »

I think you guys need to calm down, What the devs are doing is good work and everyone appreciates it, just try and keep it a nice place to talk and hang out :P
Pandemon is right in some ways and so are the devs, I also hardly never see a dev or GM ingame but i suppose this is because they are busy adding new features and reading suggestions on the forum.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:31:09 pm by Crysis »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 04:29:34 pm »

Well they have like 1000% sneak so they are pretty much invisible  :P Well, of course when they don't forget about turning it on (hi jovi)  :P
max is 300,and 250 isa egnuff

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:06 pm »

I think you guys need to calm down, What the devs are doing is good work and everyone appreciates it, just try and keep it a nice place to talk and hang out :P
Pandemon is right in some ways and so are the devs, I also hardly never see a dev or GM ingame but i suppose this is because they are busy adding new features and reading suggestions on the forum.
Sure there is a lot of things and features that could be better (f.e. joining NPC faction just to get profession and leaving it right after - there is no other advantages from being a part of Enclave/Raiders, unless you like to be hated everywhere), but we are not savages with F-word as a "weapon" and none of us is a slave-master to tell his slaves ... erm, devs what they should/shouldn't do, because I want it and I want it NOW.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2010, 02:21:51 am »

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a place where you have any rights other than to obey our rules or leave. This just confirms what I wrote earlier
It would be a waste of time, but I think it would be fun to edit some complainer's post again and again and again until they ragequit or finally realize they can't do anything about it since it's not their forum. </offtopic>
<Izual> Let's crash server

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 08:20:49 am »

We are able to write our own posts not for that to see them edited some minutes later... think a bit. If you don't want to hear any criticise devs, close the forum.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 09:56:03 am »

There is a big difference between criticising the devs/game because you lost your crap or can't have it your way in the game, and issuing pertinent opinions about the game mechanics so that the game can be improved. Im pretty sure you're not fully aware of your beta-tester status.
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:46 pm »

mesydz to all:)
STOP moaning start to enjpy the game(especially if its for free)
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

This gives such a lovely air to this game... Or not. People are heavily insulting the people who are working hard to develop this game and then have the guts to call it criticism... Dictionaries are a wonderful thing, some people should read them.
And about the rollback, I can't say I see the problem here. Sure, it's no fun to lose several days worth of gameplay but there are a -lot- of people who are losing several days of gameplay every day just because they were on their way to relocate or buy -that- new armor they worked hard to get just because some random douche ingame decides that their jumpsuit is too blue and kills them, you don't see those victims nerdraging all over the internet. They suck it up and continue. But when a rollback is made for the benefit of all players on the server, THEN you see people nerdraging like never before... I love this game, and enormous kudos to the developers and GMs and the rest of the crew for the work they do. I just wish there was a larger number of mature and serious players around.
/Anti-rant rant.

This is not directed against any particular person or character, this is only criticism against certain types of all too common behaviour and I apologise if someone takes offence from this post but if someone does, perhaps this someone need to think a bit about how he/she actually behaves?

Cheers and have a lovely game all of you. See you in the wasteland!

Dakhanavar

• Former Saint
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:58 pm »

These same posts have probably been reiterated numerous times across not only this forum, but countless other games' forums during their testing phases.
It's a proven fact that some folks are just not fit to participate in beta testing.

Bottom line is that some people simply can't accept, or don't understand, that they are "testing" a game rather than "playing" a game, and get upset when the game doesn't work as they think it should. If they decide to come and complain about it and bash the Devs/GMs, rather than offer some suggestions or ideas, then I have no sympathy when they get put in their place.

Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to the next rollback, wipe, and/or update ;]
I live my life like there's no tomorrow
And all I've got I had to steal
'Least I don't need to beg or borrow
Yes I'm livin' at a pace that kills
~Van Halen~

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

THAT IS NOT BETA
What is it then?
*crawl out of hole*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

"Users must be treated as co-developers, in a reflection of open source development practices (even if the software in question is unlikely to be released under an open source license.) The open source dictum, 'release early and release often', in fact has morphed into an even more radical position, 'the perpetual beta', in which the product is developed in the open, with new features slipstreamed in on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis. It's no accident that services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Flickr, del.icio.us, and the like may be expected to bear a 'Beta' logo for years at a time."

*crawls back in hole*
Edit: *crawls back out again*

The best game masters are the invisible ones.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/100605/11551605853_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

*crawls back again...*

edit2: *ok im gonna stay out in the open now...*
W0rd.

Problem is, that devs and GMs are getting elitists about what they are doing, and forgetting, that if this is a beta, and we are beta testers, then:
"The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software for free or for a reduced price."
And for that, they dont respect our thoughts. Heck, i dont blaim them, such an angry crowd like some of us are just asking for teh banhammer. But they dont ban - at least i dont see a public 'wall of shame' with banned freedom figh--err i mean peoples names, instead they are drifting away more and more from us testers, while thinking that they are "on the good side", and testers are just unthankfull whiners. This leads to generalisation, in that devs cant differ people that think like a co-developer and wants to balance the game for everyone, from simple whiners. Devs and mods and GMs should be much more agressive and punish people that disrupt the community silently, not just making fun of him with false irony and sarcasm - which doesnt solve anything and they are just as if not more offtopic; and be supportive and hear out those that are constructive.
On the other hand, same goes for testers, they greet every change like a sign of evil from the devs part, because they have a vision of what FOnline should be(the playstyle they have should be far superior to those of others - BG vs SG vs HtH vs Doc vs leaders vs crafters vs sneakers vs thieves vs bombers vs RP stuff vs PvP etc) and the change WILL allways have negative effects on some people, so they whine.
Feedback should NOT look like this:
This change sux.
NOR this:
I love you devs, thank you for this awesome change and game.
But rather like this:
I agree/disagree with this change from a neutral perspective, because some aspect of the game gave certain advantages over other people / this change unbalances the game, revert it.
IF it looks like this, then dont treat it as whine, in some cases they are right.

What im trying to say:
Devs: Listen to your co-developers, and if you see something plausable, give some feedback to it(will you implement it/with what changes)
Community: Listen to the devs, give objective feedback.
Same goals people, we are not enemies.

If you think this is way too offtopic, feel free to move it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:29:54 am by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2010, 08:15:45 am »

Well we aren't prospective buyers because that will never be an option so there's no real reason for them to tolerate dissent.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.