"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 13, 2024, 10:16:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Build Advice  (Read 1818 times)

Build Advice
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:20:48 am »

Heya, I am new to the game and after playing a doctor/crafter, I decided I want to be a sniper. Now I'll be doing almost the entire game with my friend, who is also a Sniper.. but we both kinda need advice on a build.

Also I dont really want to make a crafter alt and plan on going Small guns crafting, so this is kinda a self sufficient pvp build. Any adjustments or advice would be good. Also, is it possible to do well without using drugs? id rather not be reliant on them, but ill use em if I gota.

Right now this is what I have.

Tags - Small guns, Repair, and Outdoors/Firstaid?

ST - 5
PE - 8
EN - 5
CH - 3
IN - 7
AG - 6
LK - 6
Traits - Small frame and ????

Re: Build Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:29:23 am »

Never take odd numbers for end or agi, it's a waste of a point

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:47:36 am »

If you want to be a balanced crafter/sniper, I suggest you take one away from PE and add one to EN (so PE will be 7 and EN will be 6).

Unless you don't care about EN and if that is the case make EN 4 and add the extra point to PE or IN.

If you take small frame, you will only have 45 carry weight, but you will be able to have 6 EN and 8 PE. Pick bloody mess if you have nothing better to pick as a second trait.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:55:43 am »

If you want to be a balanced crafter/sniper, I suggest you take one away from PE and add one to EN (so PE will be 7 and EN will be 6).

Unless you don't care about EN and if that is the case make EN 4 and add the extra point to PE or IN.

If you take small frame, you will only have 45 carry weight, but you will be able to have 6 EN and 8 PE. Pick bloody mess if you have nothing better to pick as a second trait.

Best trait to fill space is good natured, you lose 5 skill points in sg but gain a lot in fa/doc/barter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:16:30 am »

Thanks for the advice, a few questions..
I basically just want to get the small guns crafting, and thats it, so with repair and small guns tagged, what is good third tag... outdoors or first aid?

Also, alot of posts I read that didnt give me the complete info i need said endurance at 4 means I wont have much health for pvp, and that snipers still take a beating... is endurance at 6 good for endgame pvp?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:22 am »

6 endurance is the usual for a sniper in my experience, especially if you aren't part of a large gang. Any more than 6 will be wasting valuable special points into something else.

The third tag you probably want to take is either Outdoorsman or Science. I tagged Science with a build similiar to your planned one, but you will only ever need 100 Science to make HQ alloys. I put over 100 into outdoorsman, so I should have tagged outdoorsman. It is up to you whether you want high outdoorsman

If you don't need the Outdoorsman, tag Science
If you think you will want higher than 100 Outdoorsman, tag outdoorsman. Don't bother bringing your Science above 100.
90 is required for the SG 3 Profession, but 100 is required to make the weapons that come along with that.
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:39:01 am »

If you're planning on being self sufficient, you might take 2 points out of CH and put those in LK.
1 CH however limits your trading options, for instance you can't trade with Buster and Sha Enin in NCR.
You'll need mentats for a few quests.
I agree with the command about good natured, it should get you something like 40% in FA.
That's enough to make weak healing powder for selling/trading and to do heals of 1-45 hp, although on average you're probably around 30.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:36 pm »

I would put them into AG if you want to look at it that way. 8 Luck as oppose to 6 isn't that helpful.

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:44:26 am »

I would put them into AG if you want to look at it that way. 8 Luck as oppose to 6 isn't that helpful.

Your chance to crit is increased in some way (other than directly) by how much luck you have. I don't have the formula so i can't verify how useful it is but there is a difference.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.