"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 11:14:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bonus Ranged Damage, More Critical, Better Critical Questions  (Read 2231 times)

It says that there is +2 damage bonus but I dont know how it affect weapons so here are three suggestions:
1. it is applied as an increase of weapon base min/max damage
2. it increase damage of bullet after it is multiplied by ammo modification
3. it adds +2 dmg after damage is done to target so there is always minimum of 2 damage per bullet against anything (most unlikely)

What is better to have if you have one free perk (Small Guns user, fast shot)? :
1. more critical
2. better critical

And it is possible to kill Endless Walker? Does someone have his stats?
Re: Bonus Ranged Damage, More Critical, Better Critical Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:35 pm »

1. yes
1. yes
3. no

Better critical is pretty much the best perk in the game, less so if you have low crit chance but still better than more crit.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:41 pm »

BRD add +2 dmg to the weapon stat, at the min and the max. If you're weapon was dealing 9-11dmg, it become 11-13. (so it modify the damage before the ammo modification, and is affected by it)
For a fast shot I would say more, but anyway you won't do much criticals.
And yeah, its possible to kill the endless walker, it's even very easy in RT, he just have a lot of HP and AP. Check the wiki for exact stats.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:44:30 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:20:51 am »

And it is possible to kill Endless Walker? Does someone have his stats?

its possible to knockout them in tb with one shot in eye as example. rest in peace
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:05 am »

Thanks for replies... anyway wiki is quiet about endless walker :(

I got another question:
I made excel file with equations which calculate damage done by weapons... for now I noticed that I am making +2 minimum dmg with .44 magnum / JHP on 0 DR and 0 DT targets, so if anyone can correct my formula I would be very thankful :)

=ROUNDDOWN((((weapon min dmg+bonus damage from perk)*ammo dmg multiplier)-damage threshold of target);0)-ROUNDDOWN(((damage resistance of target+damage resistance from ammo)/100)*(((weapon min dmg+bonus damage from perk)*ammo dmg multiplier)-damage threshold of target);0)

Simply paste this into excel cell and you get the result if you change words for numbers :)
This formula is only for JHP and normal ammo... AP/FMJ ammo has negative DR bonus so they use little bit another formula.

I think it can be miscalculated because:
1. I dont use skill bonus... as far as I know skill bonus affects just chance of hit so I think its not the case
2. I am using ROUNDOWN function and not TRUNC as I should but the results are same
3. formula is wrong :)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:32:06 pm »

=ROUNDDOWN((((weapon min dmg+bonus damage from perk)*ammo dmg multiplier)-damage threshold of target);0)-ROUNDDOWN(((damage resistance of target+damage resistance from ammo)/100)*(((weapon min dmg+bonus damage from perk)*ammo dmg multiplier)-damage threshold of target);0)

Why so complicated? It's just ((base dmg + BRD) * ammo dmg multiplier - DT)*(DR+ammo DR)

If DR=0, DT=0, BDR=2 and you shoot with desert eagle with jhp ammo, then min dmg is 18.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »

me and my frends killed oce an endless walker,but you can't loot him
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 03:12:34 pm »

For P90 ever is better 2 x BRD  not more crit :>
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »

Hmm if my critrate is 6% and i dont have room to take more criticals perk, is there any reason to pick better criticals, or should i just
replace it with BRD ? its a fast shot build.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.