"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 04:25:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Problem logging in  (Read 4783 times)

Problem logging in
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:58:43 pm »

I've searched online all over for all kinds of materials to figure this out.  I've heard from friends how fun this is, I'm a huge Fallout 2 fan and thus is my dilemma.  I really want to play, have all the necessary downloads, master.dat and critter.dat are both configured properly, all that.  At this point, everytime I try to log in with a character I created, it will start loading, then return me to the main menu with a message in the lower left corner saying "It was not possible to be connected to the server."

What else can I be doing to fix this so I can login?

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: Problem logging in
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:18 am »

We are moving the server, check this thread

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:30 am »

The server is down due to move in the moment. Check out the actual news. Server will be online again as fast as possible.

/Edit: Damn you, mister fast post.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:03:47 am »

can you tell us how fast thats gonna be? we need to know if we shall w8 or go to leep :)
Rockwell weapons user

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:34:37 am »

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:38:41 am »

Rockwell weapons user

ProKilleR

• .:|Pro-KiLLeR|:.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 07:00:11 pm »

i think that , server will be ON tommorow .  ;)
This is madness........madness.......!!!! THIS IS FONLINE !!!! Fallout Online is like a "cigarette", when you try it you can not stop  xD
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 09:25:21 pm »

My concern wasn't out of impatience for when the new server will be working, but how long has it been down?  I first tried logging in a little over a week ago and got the same error that I'm getting now.

Ok, and maybe I am a little impatient to start playing this.  But can you blame me?

EDIT:  Ok, so now when I try logging in I get the following message:

Please send this file <FOnline_0092_2312_1617.dmp> on e-mail <support@fonline.ru>, the theme of the letter should contain a word <dump>.  In the letter specify what circumstances there was a failure.  Thanks.

I have gotten this before when I first tried this out, but it was in Russian.  Now that I've adjusted my settings so it's in English, it still doesn't help me much.  I have e-mailed about it, but no response yet
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:20:41 pm by herbert west »
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:26:59 am »

Having exactly the same problem as Herbert. Same error message. Sent support email and still no answer here either. Do those messages even get read?? And if so, could someone please give me an estimate as to when I will hear back from support. ( Soon is not a good answer).

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 05:02:54 am »

Did you both download the update tool? If not, fetch it and extract the file to your fonline folder, then run it, use IP 94.23.237.127 and Port 4040.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 06:00:55 am »

Of course I ran the update and all my config settings are correct. The default cache doesn't seem to be correct for the new IP.
See my entry under bugs - [client] crashes on startup
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:04:51 am by jmarsh07 »
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 03:49:19 pm »

Try looking into your fonline.cfg file. I had to change 2 of the paths that were somehow wrong. Also, I had to change my fonline.dat path. And one last thing I also can only start the game from the fonline.exe file, not the dx9 one or the one in the foconfig. You may have to 3 or 4 times to get it to start. ::)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:39:21 am by jmarsh07 »
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

Now my updater isn't working and so I'm unable to get that.  It'll just say:

Begin checking...
Can't connect to update server.
Checking end.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 08:42:13 pm »

Now my updater isn't working and so I'm unable to get that.  It'll just say:

Begin checking...
Can't connect to update server.
Checking end.

It may be as simple, as the server was down at the moment.. The updater is working and is trying to say, that the update server is not reachable.
PS: Anyway it is not possible to login now, so the updater is probably not gonna download anything as well.
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »

This is a recurring issue, though.  A big reason I haven't been able to play is that everytime I attempt to use the updater, it doesn't work and I try almost daily, or at least everytime I'm on my computer just to give it another shot so I can get started ASAP.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.