"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:35:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Pawn shop in NCR  (Read 3020 times)

tiagop

• To Protect and Serve the Bluesuits
A Pawn shop in NCR
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:52:47 am »

Since it's very hard to sell items for money, i would suggest that developers make a pawn shop in NCR where the dealer has lots of caps and we can trade with him just like with Sha Enin. Now the problem is that when we trade with him we will fill his pockets with stuff and he eventually run out of money, so GM's would have to "refresh" his pockets and I don't know if this will imbalance the game's economy.. Give me your opinions  :P
Re: A Pawn shop in NCR
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:06 am »

Well, this is a fine idea, just that we already have this implemented far as i know, in the gun runner Fortress there is almost always a constant amount of caps, namely 19k
there they get it from people paying for proffesions/mercs/bases/cars
its the same in ncr shops isnt it? money gets devided acrosrs vendors
if the gm's or the game it self will simply generate money one could argue that it will distort the economy and allow players to become rich very fast, personally i think that money gets thrown in to the game anyways from quests, box hauling and shit shoveling in the infinity,the longer the game world goes, the more caps it contains in total
Do not piss me off.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:04 am »

Imho traders should be sorted out a bit. One type of traders will take items for items but another type will be trading stuff only for money and vice versa. So if you have tons of weapons that you want to sell then you can either exchange them for armor or drugs at one trader or sell them for caps at another.

tiagop

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:46:26 am »

Well, this is a fine idea, just that we already have this implemented far as i know, in the gun runner Fortress there is almost always a constant amount of caps, namely 19k
there they get it from people paying for proffesions/mercs/bases/cars
its the same in ncr shops isnt it? money gets devided acrosrs vendors
if the gm's or the game it self will simply generate money one could argue that it will distort the economy and allow players to become rich very fast, personally i think that money gets thrown in to the game anyways from quests, box hauling and shit shoveling in the infinity,the longer the game world goes, the more caps it contains in total
I didn't know that the gun fortress had that much money.. But it would be great to have a place like this in NCR. And I agree that it could distort game's economy and Sius made a good point. But sometimes traders inventory is full of crap and should be renewed
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:04:25 am by tiagop »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18:46 pm »

Imho traders should be sorted out a bit. One type of traders will take items for items but another type will be trading stuff only for money and vice versa. So if you have tons of weapons that you want to sell then you can either exchange them for armor or drugs at one trader or sell them for caps at another.

Each trader has a list of items that they will trade for at base price regardless of your barter skill.

Say you are interested in buying SG3 items from the Gunrunners, you can craft yourself some SG2 stuff and trade it directly to them for you SG3 item because SG2 and SG3 are on the Gunrunners trading lists.

If you are a Doc3 and you have spent your time crafting drugs and you go to the Gunrunners they won't offer you a good price for your drugs, because they are not interested in drugs. They will only offer you a price depending on your Barter skill.

So if you want to trade your Doc3 items into SG3 items at the Gunrunners you can either 1. Raise your Barter skill, or 2. First trade your Doc 3 items ar a Doctor who has those items on his list for caps and then use those caps to buy from the Gunrunners.

Caps are the way to trade easily between Traders types, which is why they won't be put on a trader with infinite caps for people to gt them easily.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 01:24:16 pm »

So if you want to trade your Doc3 items into SG3 items at the Gunrunners you can either 1. Raise your Barter skill, or 2. First trade your Doc 3 items ar a Doctor who has those items on his list for caps and then use those caps to buy from the Gunrunners.
Also you can trade your items for radios, almost every vendor buys it for 300 caps. So, radio = bag with 300 caps in 1 item.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 01:42:03 pm »

Also you can trade your items for radios, almost every vendor buys it for 300 caps. So, radio = bag with 300 caps in 1 item.

Hm, radios should be traded for only "General" traders. People like Eldridge, Gun Runners, Jacob in the Hub, etc (The ones with all the good stuff) shouldn't trade for radios.

Is this not the case at the moment?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:48:33 pm »

Hm, radios should be traded for only "General" traders. People like Eldridge, Gun Runners, Jacob in the Hub, etc (The ones with all the good stuff) shouldn't trade for radios.

Is this not the case at the moment?
General Store at Hub and Gunstore (which is really not gunstore, because she buying SG-weapon for low price) at the same Hub buying radios for 300 caps.
General store has almost every item at base price except for BG/EW and BG/EW ammo and armor. +radios
"Gun"store at has EW weapon/ammo and drugs. +radios

So, if you're doc, you can exchange drugs on radios.
Then radios on any weapon/ammo at general store.
Then any weapon/ammo to gunrunners, adytum, oldtown, etc.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 01:48:50 pm »

just go to other towns, many traders have shitload of caps :> the only problem in here is that you live in shitty ncr :>

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 01:53:22 pm »

General Store at Hub and Gunstore (which is really not gunstore, because she buying SG-weapon for low price) at the same Hub buying radios for 300 caps.
General store has almost every item at base price except for BG/EW and BG/EW ammo and armor. +radios
"Gun"store at has EW weapon/ammo and drugs. +radios

So, if you're doc, you can exchange drugs on radios.
Then radios on any weapon/ammo at general store.
Then any weapon/ammo to gunrunners, adytum, oldtown, etc.

From what I remember, and its been a while since I did those lists, those two places shouldn't have level 2 or 3 SG/EW items on thier lists ... meh, will have to check when I get home.

tiagop

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 08:39:23 pm »

just go to other towns, many traders have shitload of caps :> the only problem in here is that you live in shitty ncr :>

The problem is that I've tried Hub, Junktown and Aditum. The only way you can earn real caps is either by slaving people, selling brahmin or doing quests just because all of the dealers are out of caps.
I think that this so "pawn" shop wouldn't unbalance the game because I can trade stuff for stuff so why not stuff for caps?
Anyway it's just a suggestion  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:41:07 pm by tiagop »
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:54:21 pm »

Actually - I have no problem getting some caps without enslaving (though I am a slaver) / guests / shit shoveling / brahmin selling. Nah - i won't do any of these to earn real caps - its easier when you sell loot. Easier like f.e. 10k = one quick hunting and few towns to check for caps.

I like it, that you have to "try harder" to find more valuable items / some cash when you want to sell your shit - it makes "traders" role a bit more interesting. Its not about going always to the same city cause you know theres gonna be some caps for you just waiting like that. Its wasteland - nothing is hard to find.

And beeing able to sell everything for caps ALWAYS would make game to easy.

tiagop

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 11:18:25 pm »

Actually - I have no problem getting some caps without enslaving (though I am a slaver) / guests / shit shoveling / brahmin selling. Nah - i won't do any of these to earn real caps - its easier when you sell loot. Easier like f.e. 10k = one quick hunting and few towns to check for caps.

I like it, that you have to "try harder" to find more valuable items / some cash when you want to sell your shit - it makes "traders" role a bit more interesting. Its not about going always to the same city cause you know theres gonna be some caps for you just waiting like that. Its wasteland - nothing is hard to find.

And beeing able to sell everything for caps ALWAYS would make game to easy.

Hmm, I've never thought about things that way. It's a good point  ;D

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 11:30:27 pm »

I went to hub, there was 60k in caps
Audytum, 10k
Frisko, 20k
if there is no cash in one city there is in another, or the third, 4th etc.

There is cash in doctors. You can sell loot for stimpaks, radaway etc. in normal vendors and sell it for caps in doctors.

or trade with players
there are always someone that want to buy good metal parts or HQ powder for example and he will pay with cash
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:20:32 am »

Plus, devs can't create a trader with only caps, because this would mean :

1) This trader would have to create caps all the time, which would somehow break economy.
2) Items sold to this trader would be destroyed/removed etc.
And as C47 said :
I went to hub, there was 60k in caps
Audytum, 10k
Frisko, 20k
if there is no cash in one city there is in another, or the third, 4th etc.

There is cash in doctors. You can sell loot for stimpaks, radaway etc. in normal vendors and sell it for caps in doctors.

or trade with players
there are always someone that want to buy good metal parts or HQ powder for example and he will pay with cash
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.