"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:18:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tribal Trait  (Read 9235 times)

Re: Tribal Trait
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 01:21:00 pm »

Yeah i had a brainstorm about this with the upcoming 3d models, it would be easy to do, same models, different skins.
Tribals(bonus STR/melee, outdoorsmen....but....science?? energy weapons?? lolwut?!, starting place arroyo-like-village)
Vault citizens(added INT/science, doc, blue suit, starting place VC/V13/any other vault)
Mercs(added EN/bg/ew, no idea about starting place, no idea about skin)
Reno thug(added LK/unarmed/sg, reno as starting place, no idea about skin) <-after all, growing up in there means you're a great street fighter and have great luck :D
Some skin for CH users(taxi)..

Didnt present it here before tho as it would get voted down anyway :/

It should be implemented some way or another, i mean there cant be so many vault citizens

What if we remove all traits and we add class-oriented traits?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 02:46:45 am »

Replace the Sex Appeal Trait (since it doesn't work) with the Tribal Trait.

With no armor on, you would have the Tribal Skin instead of Bluesuit skin
+%15 Outdoorsmen
+%15 Melee Weapons
-%20 Science
-%20 Energy Weapons
-%10 Repair

I don't see how an article of clothing can affect ones skills. Instead make the Tribal trait appeal to the tribal's environment and upbringing.
+%20 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons
-1 INT (Tribal naturally has a limited education)
-1 CHA (Wastelanders naturally disrespect tribals)

This way the trait is balanced and it harder to abuse because the stat drop.
This will also provide a few more map points for tribal villages, a chance to join different tribal factions, and roleplay later on.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 05:58:26 am »

I don't see how an article of clothing can affect ones skills. Instead make the Tribal trait appeal to the tribal's environment and upbringing.
+%20 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons

This will also provide a few more map points for tribal villages, a chance to join different tribal factions, and roleplay later on.

that's a loss of 42 skill points and -1 cha for a gain of 35 skillpoints? That's not balanced.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 06:04:01 am »

that's a loss of 42 skill points and -1 cha for a gain of 35 skillpoints? That's not balanced.

Nobody said being uneducated was easy. I dunno perhaps add 3-4 natural armor points?

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 06:29:23 am »

+%20 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons

I'd probably suggest something that sort of mirrors the "good natured" trait for it would certainly balance easier, numbers/skills can easily be changed, etc.
Although they could always port over some of the traits from Lionheart with abit of reworking we might see "Nasty Disposition" making an appearance.

Tribal

+%15 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons
+%15 Throwing
-%10 Barter
-%10 Science
-%10 Speech
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:37:58 am by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 07:32:18 am »

+%15 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons
+%15 Throwing
-%10 Barter
-%10 Science
-%10 Speech

+1

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:47 am »

I like this idea, but theres one thing that i have to disagree with.
[flat_joke]In the name of Wichura, leader of spartans, I must say that every tribal has natural knowledge of science, at least when it comes to dissasembling things. Tribals should have ~300 science and ability to dissasemble things while being shoot [/flat_joke]

LoLed
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 09:17:04 am »

+%15 Outdoorsman
+%15 Melee Weapons
+%15 Throwing
-%10 Barter
-%10 Science
-%10 Speech

Humm humm, lets make new powerbuild. I want it to be mobile and use grenades while needed. I wont craft anything, nor barter, nor talk cuz my face is 1Charisma anyway.

Wohoo, free 30 points (throwing, outdoorsman) and some melee boost for loose of nothing which I will use.

Do I see another "must have" for big part of powerbuild?

To have nice tribal we need to pay something for the gain.
Gaining without paying is ridiculus in fact, but ya, I forgot, wasteland is fluffy
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 11:22:31 am »

Humm humm, lets make new powerbuild. I want it to be mobile and use grenades while needed. I wont craft anything, nor barter, nor talk cuz my face is 1Charisma anyway.

Wohoo, free 30 points (throwing, outdoorsman) and some melee boost for loose of nothing which I will use.

Gaining without paying is ridiculus in fact, but ya, I forgot, wasteland is fluffy

Like I said the skills in question can be easily changed, that example was just something to give a general idea in terms of something like "Good Natured".

Rather then saying simply "Gaining without paying" how about you suggest something in terms of balancing such a trait.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:26:24 am by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 11:55:19 am »

Mainly I just want the skin~ if I can't use Energy weapons or Big Guns, So be it. Make it so tribals cant' use big guns or energy weapons.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:47 pm »

This trait is almost useless when you compare it to others ;). To big disadvantage for little advantages. I propose to give them

1. bonus to melee and especially spear bonus like 50% dmg,

2. limiting the cap for any other SG, BG EW weapons to 75% (or range)

3. unique skinning of molerats, and/or double the skin gain from creatures.

A good option for survivalists! Or soloers!
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 01:21:09 pm »

Well those - skills are kinda bad indeed, but how about giving them - to weapon skills instead. Since tribals most likely dont know how to use energy weapons.
so:
+15% outdoorsman
+15% melee
+15% throwing

-15% SG, BG , EW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 02:12:21 pm »

Maybe a simple +25 outdoors +10 melee , cannot use Big gun and energy, will do
you lose two good weapon for a bonus to meele (not good in pvp) and a good bonus to outdoor (same as survivalist, but at first level, so not so good as the perk after)

Good for people that want roleplay or is mad for the skin, no bonus at all for pvp (bonus at thrown would make this a must for grenadier)
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 02:26:36 pm »

Maybe a simple +25 outdoors +10 melee , cannot use Big gun and energy, will do
you lose two good weapon for a bonus to meele (not good in pvp) and a good bonus to outdoor (same as survivalist, but at first level, so not so good as the perk after)

Good for people that want roleplay or is mad for the skin, no bonus at all for pvp (bonus at thrown would make this a must for grenadier)
I would pick it, 'cause I use only SG and I don't care about BG/EW, just for 25 outdoorsman bonus. So this is survivalist perk on 1st level, not trait. ;p
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.