"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:03:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sharing items between chars  (Read 2573 times)

Sharing items between chars
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:56 am »

Wondering if there's a simple way to share items between characters. Say I make two chars, A and B, and char A has item C,D, and E. How can I give char B items D and E using only a single IP/network?

Better yet, can I 'give' char A char B's tent, for example?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Sharing items between chars
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:06:16 am »

*Pretending you're not Mr.Coolface*

Just hide it and hope nobody watched or don't get a idea about your hideout.  ;D
You can also sell it to a NPC willing to trade and hope nobody buys it.
It's alting and not very fair.

Technically spoken, you must get/craft every item by yourself or buy it from some other player/NPC which don't need this valuable item and is willing to sell. And you must earn money to buy it free.

Seriously, it wouldn't last THAT long...

And if you want to give a tent to your another char, you must have either you gang member or if you're alone, a second PC with another internet gateway... But would it be also multilogging and illegal cheating?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:08:10 am by Alvarez »
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:41:54 am »

Blegh, really? Bummer. It'll take weeks to build my chars then. I could do the multiple networks thing, but I'd like to know if that's against rules. I guess I'm just sorta used to Freelancer's way of sharing...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:31:33 am »

There are a few methods. First and safest + easiest one is a base. Just have your characters added, and any character can dump items there which can be picked up by the other. (Yes you will need friends to bring those characters to base to get them added.)

Second and more risky method is to drop the items somewhere hidden, loggon on your alt and pick them up and said place. And beg that no one is treasure hunting in that area while you relog.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:09:59 am »

Second and more risky method is to drop the items somewhere hidden, loggon on your alt and pick them up and said place. And beg that no one is treasure hunting in that area while you relog.
Not so risky, I even did it almost in presence of many people at NCR once, when was too bored to hide my 6 adv. gunpowders and a book for my suicidal bomber at inner city, just drop your item behind barrel/plants/in cabbage, etc. So it'll be impossible to spot that item even if they will stay at this hex, because it's not transparent, even if you come too close, so they had to tap "G" button all the time, everywhere, behind every plant and barrel to get your items. So, just be sure that noone is here and drop it behind any non-transparent object.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:20:40 am »

Not so risky, I even did it almost in presence of many people at NCR once, when was too bored to hide my 6 adv. gunpowders and a book for my suicidal bomber at inner city, just drop your item behind barrel/plants/in cabbage, etc. So it'll be impossible to spot that item even if they will stay at this hex, because it's not transparent, even if you come too close, so they had to tap "G" button all the time, everywhere, behind every plant and barrel to get your items. So, just be sure that noone is here and drop it behind any non-transparent object.

Yup it's pretty secure, still i've seen people just doing that exact thing. Tapping g everywhere in hope off finding something.

AlienS2

• My english is not perfect... at all
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:59:23 am »

Does the key "G" works?  :o never worked for me  :-X

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 12:01:08 pm »

Yes it does.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 02:16:07 pm »

Does the key "G" works?  :o never worked for me  :-X

Either you have your chat bar active or nothing can be found on that specific spot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.