"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:18:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: again, the problem with black.  (Read 2955 times)

again, the problem with black.
« on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:06 am »

hell. all thing was right and i just copied fonline file and put in my pal's computer and it worked really smooty.
but about mine, it never gonna work. all thongie is right and just pressed fonline with creepy guy's face and, it just shuts down itself at the moment.
im using Vista and its not illegal version. even i deleted caches except default and....and just..not working.
well, im using korean version vista and can it be problem of it?...i know i should select 'login' first but when i press Fonling button in file it shuts down.
please...help this poor Lil' korean who wanna play fonline.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Re: again, the problem with black.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:05:20 am »

are you running the fonline.exe as administrator? you might also have to run it in compatibility mode, also it would be easier if you could tell us the specs of your computer.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:34:37 am »

ah,...im using laptop and its pretty good.
CPU 1.7 and RAM 700 or somehow, and able to play san andres. eventually the fallout2 works goody as good as it can.
about internet speed, im usiung fastest internet in the whole world. the korean internet connection.
and what is the fonlineDX9?...it show me some pic of fallout and won't answer.

Aricvomit

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:39:37 am »

so you say you can play regular fallout 2 but not fonline? also if you could, please tell us what kind of graphics card is in your laptop.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:54:02 am »

wow. im now on internet cafe and i want to say that grapic card is just 2Ys old. its nvidia...or somewhat companies. not a junk grapic. its samsung's 2Ys old laptop.
anyway, i think hardware isnt a problem. a Software. is fonline developers againsting korean windows? :D joke.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 03:42:56 am »

As I see, FOnline is using a lot of calculations, transparency, lights and view fog of war (based on perception I think). So as now is added more advanced lighting and critters transparency - fading in and out as You are moving, this is possible it can run slow. As it is 2D game - with more advanced engine than FO2 and your GPU is advanced in 3d, that maybe problem. It is same like with some CAD, painting programs like Photoshop, etc. I guess FOnline will work best on some Quadro cards :P

Also check your GPU config and drivers. FOnline is even worth a new pc ;)

Ehh it is too late for me sorry for mistake :D

I have same issue, so I downloaded FOnline client in zip, and installed it in new directory, then updated. I don't know why, but in previous dir even after removing all files, FOnline won't work, once I get only "error" messages on UI, once some fire dummies and artifacts in gfx, sometimes alert "master.dat not found", and sometimes nothing. After instaling to different dir it work great.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:00:14 am by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Aricvomit

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:16 am »

ya know i hate to say it but i bet if i had 5 mintues alone with you fonline folder i bet id have it working, i know its not a hardware issue at this point, im running  32bit onboard, so i know its not graphics cause im running close to the bare minimum.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 18 queries.