"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:52:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A 3d model I would like to contribute!  (Read 4974 times)

A 3d model I would like to contribute!
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:19:50 am »

This would be my best work so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuhCVwm7Q8I

Feedback is welcome.
Re: A 3d model I would like to contribute!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:26:37 am »

It looks awesome and all... but what is it suposed to be?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:21:32 am »

It looks somekind of alien or humanoid...
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:23 am »

I am open minded to anything we think fit to call it.

Also I hope this texture helps..

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:24:41 pm »

If you could make some cloth for it and make the stance more like a super-mutant, it would really look like a super-mutant. Good work.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:10:36 pm »

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 02:45:39 pm »

Sorry, but when i saw your models in game, it was like "Oh my god, he really think that it looks good in-game?"

Sorry, but personally i really dont like your models. Your work what you gave to it is good but its absolute non "Fallout-ish"

Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 07:21:24 pm »

I think the MuMuMen owned you ;D

I guess you are using a sculpting program and they work on many subdivisions, so unless you bake the higher subdivision level as a texture and apply it to the low polygon mesh you wont be able to use it as a 3d model in the game. But I see you tested it on Fallout 2, which means you rendered each frame and save them into the .frm file... man that is a lot of work  ;).
  About the creature, I donĀ“t like the fact that it is a humanoid, I mean humans don't get stronger or bigger from radiation , they die, awfully  :-\, so your creature must have been in contact with the F.E.V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:22 am »

So is the problem a lack of detail ? I really hate it when people think the art is incompatible with fallout so early in the development process. Shows a lack of imagination in my opinion.

Part of the advantage of 3d modeling is I can keep on building in new changes. Unless some of you believe the entire model is crap, I think it would be reasonable to continue working on it.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 06:13:34 am »

Sorry, but when i saw your models in game, it was like "Oh my god, he really think that it looks good in-game?"

Sorry, but personally i really dont like your models. Your work what you gave to it is good but its absolute non "Fallout-ish"

There are aliens in this game for god's-sake people, talking molerats? super-irradiated humanoids who are healed by radiation?!??!?!  Anything and I mean ANYTHING goes in Fallout world man.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 03:29:08 pm »

There are aliens in this game for god's-sake people, talking molerats? super-irradiated humanoids who are healed by radiation?!??!?!  Anything and I mean ANYTHING goes in Fallout world man.
We say it about 100 times, Enclave did experiments with Deathclaw and Molerat brains, so they actually made they can talk.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 03:36:40 pm »

We say it about 100 times, Enclave did experiments with Deathclaw and Molerat brains, so they actually made they can talk.
mmmm  Are you disagreeing with my comment or agreeing?  I'm confused, lol.

But thanks for confirmation for post.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 07:59:15 pm »

Its good to know that we have another 3d artist in here.

I hate that model though...

I would prefer low-poly - thats for starters.

I dont really see it fitting the game also.

And IF we do something right now, I think that we should do it "Van Buren compatible" so it has a good chances to get implemented into the game some day.

Also IF we do critter chars, I think we should start with remaking those model already existing in games. Just like we are doing with guns models. ( http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=2407.0 )

But yeah, I realise its MY opinion - so don't let me ruin your flow.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

Actually everything is based on 50's sci fi movies/classic sci fi literature. FYI the aliens aren't really aliens they were made by human scientists, along with floaters and centaurs. The ufo is real tho.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 01:57:35 am »

true that, allthough this monster would look at home in a 50s sci fi movie i still think it looks like its made of boogers.
plasma nade your face off!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 18 queries.