Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Which Idea you think is better?

Idea 1 (mine outside the city)
Idea 2 (mine inside the city)
Neither Idea

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Opening an unguarded mine near or in Necropolis.  (Read 11966 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Opening an unguarded mine near or in Necropolis.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:59 am »

of course I ensure you that everyone will leave other unguarded mines to go into new, cool south one just to make you happy
those places wont become deserted, people will spread across every mine anyway, just as it happened with BH mine

the question is: will it only take part of people mining at north, or maybe it will encourage those lazy fucktards to mine more as the mine finnaly isnt so damn away from them

people, please
think before posting

i think sarakin is saying that all so called south noobs no longer will go to northern mines since they all will be able to mine in south.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 09:30:58 am »

Actually he has a point. If the mine provides also high quality minerals and ores then it will become new mecca for NCR bluesuits that will have no need to get their assess up to north. So it will most probably just add another border between south and north folks.

Sius, we both know that  a place where many "noobs" dwell will = attract players who want to "pwn" them. ;) So I don't really see a problem here.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 10:57:24 am »

ok,let me see some things here,tell me if i am wrong:

1.the game was originaly a F2 mod,so there was only the F2 map,not the F1 mat=>the north part is more well made
2.all the atractive places are in the F2 map(north) like:all HQ mines,all faction bases,all posibilytis,Mariposa and Sierra,but in south,there is only a train station and 5-6 quest,so is not veary atractive
3.all the PK activity is in north becose of point 2.,so making south part more atractive for both blue suits and PKs,the people will spread more across the map

i am not saying that all the good thinks are in notrh,but moast of them,the good spots in south are only:
1.Junktown dogs
2.Water works chemecap component
3.ami......,can't finde more than 2

so,if we increas the activity in south,not just whit the HQ mine,the people(both miners and PKs)will spread uniform across the map

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 01:02:27 pm »

It needs to be done. Only north pvpers protest :P
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 01:11:19 pm »

I voted no, because unguarded mines are an epitome of PvP (to me at least), its not that I do not wish for people in the South to have a mine closer to them, just that I want there to be as little unguarded mines as possible; for the purpose of conflict.
PvP? ^_^ Ahahahaha
You call it PvP???
Bluesuiter+deteriorated hunting rifle/deteriorated 10mm SMG VS Bluesuiter+sledgehammer!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:19 pm »

Stop that bullshit, bluesuits with smg/hunting aren't considered an enemy in Redding or BH, the fact is that different gangs are attracted by the presence of HQ mine to fight there.

At first, I thought it's a great idea to have another HQ mine in Necropolis, but then... I imagined hordes of bluesuits with hammers running on the streets there.. well, no way.
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »

since the purposed hq mine is on the ruins of old bakersfield it would not be surprising to have some medium amount of radiation to keep local ghouls feeling warm.  The radiation level should be 1/3 to half of that of glow. This will give more variety to the mines and boost radX demands.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 05:22:53 pm »

Well, southern cities are empty. And we have to do somehting with this.

I like the idea that NCR is surrounded by hostile ciites from all directions. Necropolis is good for this purpose.

my sub suggestions:

1) If there will be mine for HQ, i has to be in the city itself, in the sewers. But i suggest, PUT THERE SOME RADIATION. So there will not be neverending PK waiting, but miners should use their rad x or rad away.
 2) Put radiation to whole Necropolis. Why? I think that this could be gread non PvP power build with full equip "arena" because this kind of players will dont want to lost their perfect stuff because of they forget to take their rad x pils, but for some SMG and assault riffles players, who will not lost anything valueable it can be good oportunity.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 06:27:39 pm »

or some asshole with a hunting rifle, 30 spare bullets and a combat leather jacket.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »

2) Put radiation to whole Necropolis.

Noooo I dont wanna radiation in Necropolis. But if we going with this radiation stuff just put this new HQ mine near Glow I suggest.
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 06:49:07 pm »

I like the idea of making this a little bit more unique than the other mines. Possibly adding in radiation, or NPCs that spawn occasionally that are hostile to everyone, etc.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 06:01:40 am »

But i suggest, PUT THERE SOME RADIATION.

Good idea. It would put another letdown to the mine, and also a little atmosphere-bringer.
Also I realized that it'd really be good to have it a bit more wide to the south. I'll make another graphic tomorrow.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 08:30:03 am »

Noooo I dont wanna radiation in Necropolis. But if we going with this radiation stuff just put this new HQ mine near Glow I suggest.

I second the radiation, even if a HQ mine at Glow is a splendid idea as well. It's a long way down, on rough terrain, so just add some centaurs, deathclaws and floaters in encounters and you've balanced it out.
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 09:24:35 am »

If you're going to add radiation I would suggest making it a very light radiation. Light enough that staying there for a couple of minutes won't do much harm, but strong enough that you want to pop RadX if you're going to camp for miners, and anyone leaving may want to consider using some radaway once they are done.
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 07:19:15 pm »

I second the radiation, even if a HQ mine at Glow is a splendid idea as well. It's a long way down, on rough terrain, so just add some centaurs, deathclaws and floaters in encounters and you've balanced it out.

I dont see point of adding there Centaurs and Floaters - you can outrun them in real time like any rats etc so they will make no diffrence in encountering anything. But Deathclaws are natural monsters living there I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 25 queries.