"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:40:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Slavery  (Read 10028 times)

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
Slavery
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:21:06 pm »

I would like to dig out a slavery topic from NMA froum.

That topic got the most of interesting ideas for this "proffesion" imo.
It would be nice to be able to enslave some others people than written. I mean, why it's imposible to enslave a rider? Why he got protection if he lay on the ground and he is unable to defend himself?

Second thing, why don't be able to enslave a creature? I know that some people dont like idea of seeing dude with 4x deathclaws but imo this idea got some potencial, and u must admit that most of creatures are "weak" on some lvl. You can tame brahim, why not scorpion?

Next idea from NMA topic is use speech skill to slave people, eg if u got 30% than its almost imposible to enslave Rider, but it's possibile to enslave a Homeless. More powerfull slave/creature would need bigger skill.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Slavery
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:04:20 pm »

I would like to dig out a slavery topic from NMA froum.

1 - That topic got the most of interesting ideas for this "proffesion" imo.
It would be nice to be able to enslave some others people than written. I mean, why it's imposible to enslave a rider? Why he got protection if he lay on the ground and he is unable to defend himself?

2- Second thing, why don't be able to enslave a creature? I know that some people dont like idea of seeing dude with 4x deathclaws but imo this idea got some potencial, and u must admit that most of creatures are "weak" on some lvl. You can tame brahim, why not scorpion?

3- Next idea from NMA topic is use speech skill to slave people, eg if u got 30% than its almost imposible to enslave Rider, but it's possibile to enslave a Homeless. More powerfull slave/creature would need bigger skill.

1- Agree. There should be a possibility to enslave every generic npc human (or ghoul and maybe even super muties)
However all kinds of "bandits" and "military people" should quite restless in some kind (running away, attackin you/your companions/other slaves etc or in other way)

2- I've already posted this suggestion somwhere in NMA Forums (I'm also Wallace there) but i suggested adding a Trapper/Beastlord profession to do that

3- speech may be used to help maintaining "morale" of your human(and once human) slaves but in case of creatures i don't think they would giva a damn about how eloquent you are... ;)

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:45:49 am »

At no point in history has anyone been enslaved by talking. It should be based on how notorious you are in the wasteland, like the more hated in modoc the easier it is to enslave farmers around the area. Other than that I like your suggestions.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:06 am »

I like keeping the speech limitations in. Even with animals. It finally gives the skill a decent purpose - charisma is the hard limit to how many followers you can have, while speech determines how good you are at getting those followers. Without sufficient speech you can't break the spirit of your slaves, you can't force them to 'give up' psychologically and accept their fate.

I'd like also like to see randomly spawning 'traveller' NPCs in bars. Who will then follow the player for free, but lack the 'wait here' functionality to stop people using them as free base guards. I want to see more people running around with NPCs.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:09:59 am »

I like keeping the speech limitations in. Even with animals. It finally gives the skill a decent purpose - charisma is the hard limit to how many followers you can have, while speech determines how good you are at getting those followers. Without sufficient speech you can't break the spirit of your slaves, you can't force them to 'give up' psychologically and accept their fate.

Using speech skill with creatures makes no sense... =/
I'd rather see it more like it being dependant of your strenght (critters will more likely acknowledge you as their master because they're afraid of you) or perception (you can see the needs and emotional states of your fellow animal companions for better understanding of their needs) right now using charisma to limit your number of cows you may have with you also makes logical sense (outdoorsman seems to be important statistic this case as for now i see no more logical solution - however i'm suggesting a profession of trapper/beastlord considering amount and "level" of critters you may tame and travel with [exact number of crits would be profession level + 1])

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:43:48 am »

Speech description:

"The ability to communicate in a practicial and efficient manner. The skill of convincing others that your position is correct[...]"

That doesn't say that you need a words to communicate - eg when you want to teach a dog "sit" u are comunicating with him and it isnt anything strange or is it?[sit and u will recive something tasty].

If there would be a new profesion, on what skill would it based? Outdorsman? No offense but it would be easy obtained by all "leaders". This is why i think about speech becouse it mean that "pupetmaster" would need a decent skill and it would be something that wount overpower normal gamming.

And about enslaving by talking.... humm.... there is so called brain-wash, also some time ago there were many so called "double-agents"/dictators/politics - they all were forcing or forced to cooperate by power of "talking". It got much more of the dark side that it seems
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:00:10 am »

I say definitely keep it with speech. While it may not make perfect sense when it comes to animals, it's still logical enough to keep it there. And as Avoral said, for game balance. If someone wants to be the master of NPCs he has to invest in a skill he wouldn't normally take. If we made human NPCs speech and critter NPCs outdoorsman everyone would just have ten dogs. Instead we're giving speech its first purpose in the game which is a good step forward for game balance.

Now we just need the ability to tell mercs to automatically target areas.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 08:11:00 am »

why we cant prisoned/slavered others weak players or enemies in war ?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 08:27:57 am »

Cause every one will be hunting for newbies, as You are good man it is ok, You will probably help him to start in the end. But if hunter is some "lol omfg u noob i kill u" probably it will destroy any satisfaction newbie can take from game.
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:17 am »

and what..

you can make 50 differences of accounts - this destroying my satisfaction from game.
many noobs using followers options or something else, great material on slave.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:51:57 am by AmneziaHaze »
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 08:54:01 am »

Yep, every new char he made will be catched in first 5 minutes by horde of crazy slavers.
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 09:56:48 am »

Yep, every new char he made will be catched in first 5 minutes by horde of crazy slavers.

where the problem, only in situation, if will not be thought over limits

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:09 am »

where the problem, only in situation, if will not be thought over limits

If you know people you should expect that it would be exploited ;)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:27:27 am »

Because of the limited amount of skills in FOnline, I'd rather see Speech to be more than just plain diplomacy. What stops anyone [ofc this needs some time from the Dev] of using Speech to intimidation, since you can already lie with Speech? Yeah, Speech only isn't going to be enough, but judging only by player's reputation the slavery isn't going to be so user-friendly as it could be. By this way only the meanest sons of bitches would have the chance of doing so, and this would tie player's hands a bit about his/hers gamestyle. Fallout is a world of choice: choice to do right, choice to do wrong and choice to ignore. In small: slavery should be a combination of both Speech and reputation.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.