"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 08:09:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Changelog 03/01/2010 #2  (Read 4592 times)

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Changelog 03/01/2010 #2
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:37:42 pm »

FIXES:
- Follower bugfix, if master got killed, they sometimes teleported away from map, even when in guard mode.

CHANGES (WIP):
- Follower slots calculation changed. It checks how mercs/slaves you have on the map now instead of checking globally when determining how many you have in your party. The global check was very buggy, so it's switch back to this check. Maybe it will stay like this, or be changed again.
- You can tell your follower to put down his/her weapon and also to arm himself/herself with the best weapon it has in the inventory, accordingly to the weapon skills of the follower.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:58:54 am by Ghosthack »
Re: Changelog 3/1/2010 #2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:01:27 pm »

hi, Q

I have charisma 4
craft

when I have 2 brahmins(in tent near NCR) ...merc seller in NCR told my i am ugly...
I sell 1 brahmin ... they said the same(after i choose the price for minigun merc)...you are ugly...
then i sell the second brahmin... after that i buy 1 merc....but cant buy the second merc...
it is the formula that 2 brahmin = 1 merc?

and with charisma 4 how many merc i can have? 4? or 2.
thx for time and answer

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »

and with charisma 4 how many merc i can have? 4? or 2.
thx for time and answer

Formula for amount of follower (brahmins/mercs/slaves) is ((CH-1)/2) + additional perks that makes it possible to have more followers.

With CH4 it means you should be able to have 1. It however applies only per map (was globally before), so if you let your followers wait on another map, you'll be able to buy one more.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:29:00 pm by Ghosthack »
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:20:29 pm »

Formula for amount of follower (brahmins/mercs/slaves) is ((CH-1)/2) + additional perks that makes it possible to have more followers.

With CH4 it means you should be able to have 1. It however applies only per map (was globally before), so if you let your followers wait on another map, you'll be able to buy one more.

hmm, ok thx, but how was  it possible that i have 2 brahmins going with me also on the world map(party slots, so I and two brahmins, together 3 in party) and on the NCR too... than that formula was wrong or bugged?

and wagon are slot free? so i mean when i buy brahmin and than make a caravan from it...than it is like a brahmin or like a car ...

if i understand , last update isnt about caravan , but i ask for sure...i can with my craft charisma 4 buy brahmin , transform it to caravam...take it on some encounter on world map and than buy another brahmin, - caravan, ..... so i can have 10 caravan like that?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:28:06 pm by Ghosthack »

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:06:46 am »

What happens when you exceed your slot number on any given map, say you have 4 mercs and you drop them off to guard your base, can you buy 4 more and then bring them to your base and have them guard too?
plasma nade your face off!

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:56:01 am »

You can (or should at least) still only have 4 with you actively following, because the "come with me" option won't be available when you talk to them if you have too many actively following you already.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:01:04 pm »

You can (or should at least) still only have 4 with you actively following, because the "come with me" option won't be available when you talk to them if you have too many actively following you already.

so:
because the "come with me" option won't be available when you talk to them if you have too many actively following you already.

this will be bug, because i buy 1 merc....than want to buy another but merc seller says i am ugly so i still have only one merc...i "park him in my tent" and do nothing that have something to do with mercs (just travel to ncr to grab EL.parts. and junk) and when i came to tent , merc dont want to go with me. there is only option to rotate...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:22:12 pm by Pupok »

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 12:07:22 pm »

use ALT-key to turn him into auto-mode and he go whith you
maybe it's bugged, but work with bhramins too
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 01:05:55 pm »

use ALT-key to turn him into auto-mode and he go whith you
maybe it's bugged, but work with bhramins too

yes...this ALT & click on merc helped....i need first to switch to manual move and than secon time to auto move....
she is moving with me now with no problems

and now there is also first choice in dialog to stop merc.... (was only to rotate as i described before in another post)

i thing somewhere i have one brahmin that was long ago lost on encounter and that brahmin bug my human merc now...or it is a bug and i have only one merc that sometimes dont listen to my orders :)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 04:23:43 pm »

so now the merc disappear away

i log off in NCR near trash, merc near my...and after login merc is away...
going to tent and back to NCR doesnt help, I try to go to random encounter, but nothing...merc is missing...

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:11:13 pm »

this will be bug, because i buy 1 merc....than want to buy another but merc seller says i am ugly so i still have only one merc...i "park him in my tent" and do nothing that have something to do with mercs (just travel to ncr to grab EL.parts. and junk) and when i came to tent , merc dont want to go with me. there is only option to rotate...

Yes, it is. Check it now.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 10:11:44 pm »

i cant, my merc disappear as I describet above.... or he/she is "i dont know where" but should be near trash in NCR where I leave she(log off) after logon she isnt there

maybe should be some button that check status of how many(whitch type) followers player have... if merc died somehow ( when merc is waiting for me in town for example when I am logged off)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 05:16:55 am »

pupok odds are your mercs got killed, i had a similar problem and lost a couple big gun mercs because someone started a fight in town, one of them gets hit in a crossfire then boom they attack, hit someone else in a crossfire then bam they get killed then baddaboom jerk guards loot the corpses and i get shafted.
plasma nade your face off!
Re: Changelog 03/01/2010 #2
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 08:39:32 am »

maybe merc was not killed , just bugged...
read this:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=515.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 18 queries.