"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:10:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Raising Reputation: public pillory  (Read 1172 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Raising Reputation: public pillory
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:06:15 pm »

Since i noticed that Reputation could be a bitch, especially if you did nothing wrong, but joined wrong guys, (just to notice that you suddenly need the membership in offended faction)

So there must be a way to regulate this matter and wash your west clean. Since noone will trade indulgencies, i suggest that a atoning sinner will be placed restrained in some areal where the NPCs could hit him with minimal damage, until he dies. There will also be a certain amount of karma added to the sinner per hit in this faction.

That's my suggestion to karma system.
Re: Raising Reputation: public pillory
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:55 pm »

Well... When it comes to reputation, i think that solution for this problem is very simple. This is my suggestion:

You gain reputation exactly the same way, you loose it.

First - For killing some group or faction, you gain reputation in the place/factions where your opponents are not liked. So if you kill enclave patrol, you will gain reputation f.e. in BoS.

Second - If you kill raiders/mauraders etc. near some city, it is considered to be a good deed since that group might have been a threat for the city.

Obviously - you can gain only less reputation than you loose killing stuff... So being a total ass and than killing some raiders wont help you regain reputation just like that. And obviously to gain reputation back, you will hve to kill something - so if you start killing some factions, you will never be neutral for every one of them. So if you killed some raiders and then realised you need SG3, you will have to kill Rangers and or BoS patrols. Meaning - you willloose reputation somewhere else = you are still screwed a bit.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 18 queries.