"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 09:55:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armor Class  (Read 1486 times)

Armor Class
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:37:37 pm »

Always wondered,

1. Does AC (chance to get hit) apply to each bullet?

2. Having 35 AC means you have a 35% less chance to get hit correct?

But if this is the case,

3. then how far away does this apply?

I would imagine only a few hexes away, AC really won't help you with someone at a high weapon skill, bursting or not. Would like to know how this forumula works.
Re: Armor Class
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:42:09 pm »

Your attacker skill is decreased on your AC.
So if someone has 100% SG skill, and you have 10 AC, that means he have 90% SG skill while shooting at you.
On other words, % to hit is less on 10%.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:46 pm »

Yeah its pretty useless atm since people can get really high skills for guns and also some bullets give -20 AC modifier and such.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:40 pm »

Yeah its pretty useless atm since people can get really high skills for guns and also some bullets give -20 AC modifier and such.

yeah they should like triple the ac effect.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:13:07 pm »

No! I want my suggestion which I didn't created and don't want to! I want AC give chance to redirect aimed shot into single shot in torso.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 12:44:03 am »

No! I want my suggestion which I didn't created and don't want to! I want AC give chance to redirect aimed shot into single shot in torso.

Why? So they can nerf snipers even more? And have a 90% BGer player base??
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 01:01:28 am »

They have toughness, DT vs bursts.
What vs snipers? AC.
I'm sniper myself, and don't play for BG (only in pre-wipe, and not so much time), and in group vs group fight I most afraid of BGers, because they're really > snipers.
Yes, in TCs, etc. weapon range counts much, while in encounter fights range is almost nothing.
Sniper = luck, I mean real life luck, sometimes they rule, sometimes poor bluesuiter can do more damage to you than a sniper. Especially when I have 6 LK, 222% SG skill, weapon 0%-2% deteoration, 95% to hit, BUT sometimes I miss every ***ing 3 shot! Sometimes in a row, waiting my turn for a hour in big group PvP TB fight to miss, and then again miss and again miss. WTF? It's 66.6% not 95%, and even if I hit him, of couse I'll hit his eyes (31% base crit, so its almost always must be crit in eyes), and of couse I'll deal non-crit 10 damage. Reminds me Fallout1-2, where you can miss point blank burst 95%, and hit 3 times in a row with 10%, and then kill everyone on encounter with critical-torso shots with 1% crit, damned Fallout. Really BGer with one his burst can do more damage, than I will do with 10 turns. But sometimes I can kill 1 person/turn. But 1st case is more usually. Yes, sometimes I can do 100+ damage on max distance to CA/BA/or whaever it was with .223 pistol, but I do it once/year.
Yes, snipers aren't good enough, but I don't suggest to nerf them, just make any price to AC. AC now is nothing. AC can only protect you from some critters sometimes, and low level noobs who trying to deteorate your armor by shooting with thier mausers at you. I have 0 AC without armor (Kamikaze trait), and I don't see any difference and it never made my life worse, opposite, 21 sequence = I always get 1st turn in TB, atleast I've never met someone with >8 PE + Kamikaze trait too.

That's why I don't look at AC, and don't even count it worth something. It's almost like CH stats, useless.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 22 queries.