"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 11:26:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Quick Guide to Getting Back on your Feet From Nothing  (Read 1715 times)

Quick Guide to Getting Back on your Feet From Nothing
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:09 pm »

Guide for Getting Back on your Feet as a character with basic crafting skills in the south.

step one, find your way to NCR.
step two, walk east to the town ruins outside of Vault 15 and get at least 1 piece of junk. you can find these by stopping in the "town ruins" area as shown on the map, stopping randomly has a chance to spawn some junk, look around.
step three, buy or make one of those cave man multi use tools that are made of flint and chop down a tree by the gates in NCR.
step four, make a sledge hammer and head to the NCR mines and dig up 4-6 ore and 10-12 pieces of min.
step five, take your load back and turn it in to bullets, and use the extra to make metal parts or alloy, than trade what you need to buy whatever gear you want.
step six, arm yourself and find a buddy and go out and goof off untill you can mine again and take a full load.

notes.

this guide is for people who have at least 5 STR and no small frame trait.
this guide is for people who have enough outdoorsmen and other needed crafting skills to make bullets and a sledge hammer.
this guide is for people who use small guns mainly, but can be useful for some one who just needs to caps to buy ammo for whatever gun he is getting from his tent.
this guide is for people who don't already know how to do this, or do it better.

cheers. i'll add a mini tip thing for energry weapons if anyone wants me to, i know not every one knows how to craft things, i've seen proof of this many times.

*edit* this guide is also for people who have already done all the quests, and don't want to go back to their tent or faction base, or who do not have one, and or don't have much in their tent to even run to and grab, and if nothing else is a guide on how to get a sledge hammer fast.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:44:31 pm by Ulrek »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Quick Guide to Getting Back on your Feet From Nothing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:53 pm »

Well... I get 19 junks and then i make brass knuggles for then and sell then to NCR and get 1300 caps :D

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »

i always do quest first, it is much more rewarding then piece of junk :D you hide your stuff in town you will create tent, then once you do all quests you can,you have decent level and items to do some brahmin hunt and make yourself a living :> also i think you would buy stuff like bullets much more faster if you would take part in box carrying business.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:59:47 pm »

i always do quest first, it is much more rewarding then piece of junk :D you hide your stuff in town you will create tent, then once you do all quests you can,you have decent level and items to do some brahmin hunt and make yourself a living :> also i think you would buy stuff like bullets much more faster if you would take part in box carrying business.

this guide is about recovering from dying not making a new char.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:35 pm »

when you die you dont lose shitload stuff in tent...
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:06:19 pm »

not everyone has a tent.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »

not everyone has a tent.

if you read my first post, there is pro guide how to get one :D
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 01:05:32 am »

the reason that is not all that helpful is that if you die hunting the mutie cows due to PKers or other wise, than you'll loss all of your stuff before you can stash it.

also, as mentioned tents do help you not loss stuff, but if you don't stock pile every thing in your tent than you'll need to recover without risking your 0% det combat shotgun and metal armor MK2 trying to get a simple 10mm SMG and a jacket again..

also, if you want a good way to get 10 skins fast, sell healing powder to doc painless in redding and buy the skins, the guys up north normally have stuff to sell since no one needs the skins as much up there. not to mention if you stash your money and scout a head first than you'll run slightly less risk of dying to mutie cows in the wastes.

-Ulrek-
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.