Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What do you think about this ?

I agree, that'd be a great feature !
I disagree, it's useless...

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Craftable/buyable workbenches  (Read 2774 times)

Gruik

• GROAR!
Craftable/buyable workbenches
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:41:51 pm »

Hi everybody. It's been a while I'm thinking about either craftable or buyable workbenches. What for ? Whose for ? Here's the way I imagine that :

As we all know, crafting is a dangerous activity for those who haven't a faction outpost, because of the obligation of going into towns in order to use a workbench. So I thought about the possibility of buy or craft a wrokbench, but only if the player have a tent.

- In the buying case, some merchants would sell workbenches, which are put into player's inventory, as a normal item. The player can only put down the workbench when he's on the map of his tent, and after that the workbench is automatically set inside the tent. The workbench can't be removed once it's in place, but if the player bluid a new tent, the workbench will be automatically setting inside the new one.

- In the crafting case, we can imagine that the workbench needs stats like Outdoor, Science, and Repair, and materials like Wood, Metal Parts, Tubes (?), a Tool, ... Like in the previous case, the workbench could be crafted only on the player's tent map.

In both cases, a craftable or buyable workbench would help solo players, or players who like craft of their own before rejoining their team for sharing the crafted stuff. So, please comment on this idea, and vote, it's clearer than reading all the posts.
Re: Craftable/buyable workbenches
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:50:00 pm »

I think thats a very good idea but this benches should be only for basic and profesion lvl 1 items.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »

I don't like it. Anything that pulls players away from towns and into their own little private bases is a bad thing, in my mind.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 08:49:32 pm »

I don't like it. Anything that pulls players away from towns and into their own little private bases is a bad thing, in my mind.

Yes, I have thought about that. But as Arnatos said, it may be workbenches you can only craft low items with.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »

Maybe not buyable/craftable but "questable" ;) No just buy/craft workbanch and set it up but make long, expensive, dangerous and exiting quest...

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 07:44:10 pm »

Interesting idea

but it would keep people in tents...

so maybe in-tent worbenches would result in a prolonged timeouts (let's say 25% more time)

So people would have a possibility for safer crafting when really needed but would still use in-town benches almost as often as before
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:45:41 pm by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:51:50 am »

Interesting idea

but it would keep people in tents...

so maybe in-tent worbenches would result in a prolonged timeouts (let's say 25% more time)

So people would have a possibility for safer crafting when really needed but would still use in-town benches almost as often as before
Now people stays, sometimes a lot, in bases, so what's the difference?

In my opinion it's a good idea, maybe not for workbench in tent, but a possibility to buy some small hideout, smaller than 30k cave, with workbench - by one person. Price will be, say, 40 or 50k, but well, loneliness is kind of luxury in these days ;-)
Nie biegaj za stadem.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 02:12:45 pm »

Yes, I have thought about that. But as Arnatos said, it may be workbenches you can only craft low items with.

i agree town will be more desert than they already are !

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:07:15 pm »

Yeah, I won't be able to PK people if they will stay in their tents all the time :P but seriously, that idea could be nice only if you could make things which don't need profession or something like that with that workbench. Making this game too easy destroys it.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:58:18 am »

Yeah, I think that only no-professions items could be crafted this way. Players will still have to risk their lives into towns, but not for items like metal parts, alloys, leather jacket, all the little stuff which doesn't need a profession and which is pretty usefull in some cases.

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 12:19:52 am »

good
but not for tend
need buy outposts without Workbench
and buy them later
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 07:47:40 am »

It would be really really cool but im agianst it, people would never leave their tents
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 08:32:43 am »

And case buyable can be great.

The caps are useless, when you have 1 outpost, 1 scraphead, 1 depot, 1 cave and 500k caps. What can you do ?
Cars are useless too.

So, I think buy some case to upgrade a base can make the economy system better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.