• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flamer  (Read 3438 times)

Flamer
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:00:56 am »

Anyone know if this weapon was nerfed? In my opinion it do way too low demage then it suppose to do.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
Re: Flamer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:31:13 am »

Considering the range that the player has to be at with the enemy is quite low, this Big Gun should have been the least nerfed out of all, imo. I don't know if they have/have not nerfed it though.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:03:30 pm »

I think that they should actually increase the parameters (up the damage) if they want to see it used for anything other than bluesuit-murdering.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:31:08 pm »

Well, 10mm pistol isnt as strong as assault rifle and laser pistol is not as strong as plasma rifle. Maybe it could be tweaked a little, add some damage, but not every big gun have to be devastating weapon.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »

Flamer is easy to create. One can say, it's the "start weapon for big gunners". The improved flamer with advanced flamer fuel should be a lot better.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »

Flamer is easy to create. One can say, it's the "start weapon for big gunners". The improved flamer with advanced flamer fuel should be a lot better.

+1 for the last sentence, but 10 metal parts for crafting the basic flamer is a bit too much imo. It means 20 Iron, and for those who haven't a faction outpost, and can't carry a lot of stuff, it's dangerous because of the obligation to go in a town for the workbench, then go back to one's tent for taking new Irons, then go again to the town, etc. Maybe that will be good if the flamer costs less metal parts, or if it gives more XP.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 07:12:41 pm »

So by words of Lexx I conclude that normal flamer was nerfed but Improved Flamer with Improved Fuel works as intended.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:20:45 pm »

Considering how useless the flamer was it seems pointless to nerf it. You can't use it in pvp because of the low range, it's expensive to make, the fuel is one of the most complicated ammo types to produce and you're basically a melee character so you take a lot of damage. That and it has one of the slowest animations so real time isn't a good option.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 08:07:49 pm »

Flamer was not useless before. In OBT2 it was even one of the most used weapons, because it could even crit. Power Armors (which was a must-have). But I personally agree, that it could be a little bit stronger now.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 08:36:47 pm »

because it could even crit

So now my Flamer do 15-30 dmg and CANT crit  :'(   oh devs whaaaaat you have dooooooooneeeeeee
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 02:44:13 am »

Im of the opinion that because of the low range of the weapon it should be a bit stronger. maybe only a little bit on the normal plamer, as you said bg beginner gun, but defiently improved flamer should be unerfed
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 03:42:31 am »

Yeah, it'd be nice to see people using flamers. As a more general note, the it would be worth working out what guns nobody bothers with and start tweaking accordingly.

deathmetal4u

• Pain is temporary..PRIDE is forever
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:48 am »

it'd be cool to see or think up a pyro build though the flamer is fairly easy to make
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 01:13:33 pm »

So now my Flamer do 15-30 dmg and CANT crit  :'(   oh devs whaaaaat you have dooooooooneeeeeee
I think it can crit. I just did something as 49 damage critical to Regulator.
And yes, I think for the range the damage should be a little better. But it is good starting weapon and as long as you have a stable income of fruit, the ammo is no problem (ofc, faction base or at least tent is a must).
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »

Flamers can still crit, they just cant be aimed.

Improved Flamer doesn't need to be "unnerfed" because it was never nerfed to begin with ... its still pretty great.

The normal flamer could indeed do with a little nudge upwards for its power, even for the starter weapon for big guns its a bit of a pea shooter.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.