"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:00:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 141051 times)

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
Re: Your event ideas !
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »

... and it was done twice so far, but with "taxi" chars instead of cars. GMs were there only as audience.

yep I was think about this kind of event with "taxi chars" too... looks like I am not the first :)
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:57 am »

Did it work? Was it fun?

REDO ?!
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2010, 03:53:19 am »

Redo for sure, it worked perfectly. We need time to gather some fancy prizes.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2010, 08:28:29 pm »

Capture the "flag"
1. It's a huge map with some barricades and other stuff.
2. On each side there is a plant, west has broc flower, east has xander root.
3. Players divide in teams and just go for the other teams plant then get it to their own plant.
4. Capture point is indicated by a 2 hex big circle of gamma gulps.
5. Respawning enabled.
6. Good luck.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Longinus

• is secretly a Soviet robot.
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2010, 10:29:14 am »

What about a rousing game of Attack and Defend?
Let me explain.

This needs 2 mods, so I'm not sure if its entirely feasible.
First, you decide whether you want to attack or defend by going to the mod and following
the one that will teleport you to your area.

Second, once you have decided what you want to do, you will be given weapons and armour by either raiders or caravan drivers.

After that, the game is simple: As defender, you must wipe out all raiders. As attacker, destroy the caravans and kill all guards.
The difference in difficulty between the two is because I think people will want to play as raiders, not as guards.
No, I'm not really a Soviet. Or a Russian.
I am one of the few people on FO that speak English fluently.
Lots of Polaks and Russians, though. Oh well.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2010, 10:50:41 am »

As stated somewhere in this topic, PvP including ony two factions isn't easy to handle, for a single reason : Teamkillers.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Longinus

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2010, 10:54:42 am »

That's true. But isn't that the same with EVERY event you plan? There's teamkillers and grievers everywhere. Remember the Hunt for Jack Ripper? Even before it became Free for All, there were people shooting one another.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:05 am »

I wasn't in Jack Ripper's event, so I can't talk about it. But my events are mostly free of team-killers for a simple reason : there are no teams ;p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »

what about "Doubles FireFights", you get assigned to a buddy (another player), and placed in a town along with 9 other Pairs of players, the last pair standing wins the round and there would be spectators who might be able to join in the next round, could be an interesting thing to see actually...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Longinus

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »

So because of people who don't play along with the rules, all we get is FFA events?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

So because of people who don't play along with the rules, all we get is FFA events?

No. Because of people who don't play along with the rules, all the PvP events you get are FFA events.

There has been both PvE and PvP events, and will be in future. There was also a lot of different events, like Minefield, Mysterious Enemy, Maze, etc., and there will be in future.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2010, 08:04:56 pm »

I was in the Jack The Ripper Event and after someone won the event was about to reset for another chance to catch and kill him. But the gm at the time said the vent had failed so they started letting massive amount of ghouls out in the cities.

So this is what i propose.

New Reno Ghoul Survival-man

What is it? Well you grab a bunch of players and you give them all that they need to survive (armor, guns, limited ammo, ect) but the most important part is limited ammo. Not to little that players would start killing for ammo but not too much so that they kill for a long period of time alone. There would be a few minutes of peace as players team up on their own free will or find a place to hold out. (Many buildings in New Reno offer a lot of choices)

Then the ghouls would be let out. Eventually ammo would run scarce that is why after a while the ghouls start attacking i say that either there would be a place to scavenge for ammo outside your place of hiding or on the bodies of the dead ghouls there would be ammo on them.

This is just coming from me but i wouldn't even want a reward if this event happened, it would be very fun for me to try to survive with random people as hordes of ghouls try to kill me. But if there was an award maybe allow them to keep whatever that they have on them after a certain period of time?
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex

Longinus

« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

No. Because of people who don't play along with the rules, all the PvP events you get are FFA events.

There has been both PvE and PvP events, and will be in future. There was also a lot of different events, like Minefield, Mysterious Enemy, Maze, etc., and there will be in future.

But a strictly PvE event, such as the Jack Ripper event, also saw PvP. :( I think there should be more regulation on this. There was a promise of bans to those who violated the rules but as far as I know, a lot of PKers were never taken out.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:56 pm »

As I previously said, this event wasn't made by me, but by JovankaB. Thanks to feedbacks like this she already knows everything about this event's flaws, so I don't know why everyone keeps reminding the bad sides of this event. Move forward, lads.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:52:47 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Longinus

« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »

As I previously said, this event wasn't made by me. Thanks to feedbacks like this she already knows everything about this event's flaws, so I don't know why everyone keeps reminding the bad sids of this event. Move forward, lads.
It was my first real event that I didn't get instagibbed. So I'll remember it ;)
But okay, moving on. :p
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 18 queries.