"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:32:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 140903 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Your event ideas !
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:32 pm »

I'm going a bit differently than mostly, so bear with me.
Again, a "survival" test, but combining all the towns into one "megatown" which is infested by insane ghouls, humans, and super mutants. A group of 50 players would be selected for this project and would have to survive for 1 real-life month in the megatown, your abilities will slowly progress throughout the month.

-Everyone start at lvl6.
-Starting Gear is the most basic weapon of their chosen weapons class, a leather jacket, 3 sets of random food and 3 magasines of ammo.
-Food will be amped to heal better than a stimpack and will have a 3% chance of healing a crippled limb.
-Buildings wil contain food, equipment, ammo, armour, and weapons.
-Insane people are categorised into 3 categories, rotting, regular, and brute. (ghoul/LA scav, human, super mutant)
-Rotting are the easiest enemies and are easy to dispatch, they give 150-200xp per kill
-Regular are the faster ones, and have some more health than the rotting ones, they can also wield weapons, and may carry armour and food.
-Brutes are Big, slow, and really deadly if they manage to hit you, only the fewest of them carry heavy weapons, such as miniguns.
-The main objective for the participants to do is to survive, however, they can attempt to attack the scientist and exterminate the insane.
-At the end of the project they get to keep 15% caps worth of their experience, and 10% worth of the gear they are carrying at that moment.
-Cooperation is key, as well as being active, since the spawnpoints for the high-end enemies move closer to the starting zone, and if they have not exterminated the root of the problem by the last day of the month they have to make a last stand against wave upon wave of enemies, and at the end The Scientist appears with his brute bodyguard (frank horrigan, bigbadboss)

More to come, but tell me what you think so far, I'd hate to formulate further if you guys hate it...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2010, 11:13:49 pm »

I would love to see this in game...
but i think it would be hard to set up, but if devs can do it im sure a lot of people will want it.
it would be preety exiting to scavenge a town with some friends, watching as some of em go slowly dieing...

« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2010, 03:12:12 pm »

I would love an in-game fashion show! The winner can win their own stylish custom skins!
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2010, 11:34:09 pm »

Lets make a free pvp event where there will be 2 fighting groups. One i combat armors and power armors and the second in combat armors too and advanced power armors i talking about combat armor cause not evrybody have so many weight to wear it. and this could be an navarro fight u know one group attack and second defense , and evry group will have reborn. I think it will be a nice fun :D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2010, 10:09:57 am »

Lets make a free pvp event where there will be 2 fighting groups. One i combat armors and power armors and the second in combat armors too and advanced power armors i talking about combat armor cause not evrybody have so many weight to wear it. and this could be an navarro fight u know one group attack and second defense , and evry group will have reborn. I think it will be a nice fun :D
you mean like this?: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=6090.0
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2010, 09:51:10 pm »

Yup something like that :D

Nikey646

• TRH
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:50 am »

i watched an video on utube from izual, and it was about the NCR defense from Enclave, LETS DO THAT AGAIN XD
I L0\/E T0 USE....

It takes more then stealing everything we own, to take a Hound Down.
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2010, 07:22:39 am »

But you dont know the story behind it  ::)

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 12:02:53 am »

How about another car race? Each team is provided with a new crappy car and a full tank of gas. Contestants have to race from Necropolis to Klamath mine and back. Your team consists of whoever can fit in the same car. Contestants can kill each other in the wastes if you encounter another car.

First three teams to arrive win, then maybe duke it out for 1st place or have another race back to necropolis.

Maybe add 3 checkpoints where each contestant has to get to first then defeat all the enemies before moving on to the next checkpoint, then finally to their destination....

Winner gets a car and some fuel? Caps? Trophy? Congradulatory pat on the back? Plasma blast to the nuts? 10 Free skills points? :P

The best team will be who ever has the best outdoorsman and leader perks + which ever team can fight too. If your car breaks then you lose. 
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:35 am »

How about another car race? Each team is provided with a new crappy car and a full tank of gas. Contestants have to race from Necropolis to Klamath mine and back. Your team consists of whoever can fit in the same car. Contestants can kill each other in the wastes if you encounter another car.

First three teams to arrive win, then maybe duke it out for 1st place or have another race back to necropolis.

Maybe add 3 checkpoints where each contestant has to get to first then defeat all the enemies before moving on to the next checkpoint, then finally to their destination....

Winner gets a car and some fuel? Caps? Trophy? Congradulatory pat on the back? Plasma blast to the nuts? 10 Free skills points? :P

The best team will be who ever has the best outdoorsman and leader perks + which ever team can fight too. If your car breaks then you lose. 

you dont need GMs for such event, you can do it yourself... and it sounds interesting...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

KraftikBG

• New generation of bombs...
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:46 am »

Sounds like gms dont want any event . Just before wipe .
Events ,fun,criticals,GvG,PvP,PvE,crafting,trading,(banning),looting  ,talking , lame admins,  ragequits.That all is in this game = FOnline 2238 , now it´s fu**ed GAME !
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 11:58:11 am »

Idea is jager's blood sport game.
There was film about postnuclear sports game, "Salute of the Jugger" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qckMHp7wU&feature=related
I propose a revised version of the rules for fonline
here is scheme of game map

goal of the game is to break a object (skull / NPC / monster, or something like that)

player's Scouts (unarmed) run around inside the arena with a weak weapon (stones) and are trying to reach the "skull" of the enemy, ways for that are to kill enemy scout or knockout him / broke leg and run around (bluesuit + stone), but watchout of enemy's defenders

Defenders are melee fighters with a hammer + spear + shock prod to protect its scout, are trying to kill the enemy, ie if they put down enemy's defenders they could can kill a scout (if he wouldnt be fast enough) through the barrier by spears or hammers. (Armor: leather or metal armor)

for greater authenticity, you can add another NPC throwing stones to object or NPC and counting them, ie 40-50 stones mean game is over.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:10:02 pm by z0m2h14 »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »

In your scheme, it seems defenders can't access the scouts. They have only melee weapons, so aren't they useless ?

It seems anyway a bit complicated.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2010, 01:41:28 pm »

thats  the idea, two defenders armed with hammer and spear so they hit on 2 hex, arena is so complicated to make game more interesting, at least it supposed so.
Scouts fighting each other, therefore their guardians stand against them behind barrier, scout could make step back, and if enemy scout will follow him he opens up for guardian or he could run around, scouts have shorter path so for guardians its harder to follow them from side to side, its supposed to make game more dinamic
maybe 3 guardians is too much and with 1 or 2 it would be more balanced or easier to arrange, 3 guardians planned to fight using long range weapon tactic-> 2ppl standing close to each other, so they both could hit enemy, on other hand enemy with long range weap could step back and fight 1 hex farther to fight one instead two, leaving others to flanc other path, something like that, for more dinamic too

place near "skull" hitable by guardians, but scout's route shorter then guardians so he could run around from side to side avoiding guardian's hits, still hitting skull but overall much slower, giving time for other scout to return from KO or maybe until end of round.(maybe borders should be reworked a little to make scouts harder to reach by guards)

honestly i don't know how it would looks like if implemented maybe there is one dull winning tactic with current rules now, i just trying to make something different from boring 1vs1 standing and hitting each other where any interesting tactic not possible, and Juggers is kind of RP style unique for fallout universe

iam LOL i draw hexes wrong hahahaha
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:04:49 pm by z0m2h14 »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »

you dont need GMs for such event, you can do it yourself... and it sounds interesting...
... and it was done twice so far, but with "taxi" chars instead of cars. GMs were there only as audience.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 19 queries.