"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:17:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 140925 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Your event ideas!
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »

even a basic PvE fight will be cool

Last event clearly showed that it was not the general opinion.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2011, 03:02:34 pm »

Last event clearly showed that it was not the general opinion.

I agree, PvP is much better.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2011, 06:59:35 pm »

I agree, PvP is much better.
with good FPS and Ping, yes... otherwise  ::)
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »

with good FPS and Ping, yes... otherwise  ::)

PvE is even worst than PvP with heavy lags: NPCs can still shoot at you when everything else freeze, when a player can't. Also, NPCs make lag appear faster.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »

tahn how a bout a rocket ball event, or a Maze event, or something more creative, not general shooting

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2011, 10:28:55 pm »

tahn how a bout a rocket ball event, or a Maze event, or something more creative, not general shooting

Yeah, maybe football or some crap. Never played Starcraft? There was a football map, where a sort of immortal guy was "Da ball", by shooting him he moved, and by entering him in the enemy area you made a point. I dont think it would be difficult.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2011, 10:39:17 pm »

Yeah, maybe football or some crap. Never played Starcraft? There was a football map, where a sort of immortal guy was "Da ball", by shooting him he moved, and by entering him in the enemy area you made a point. I dont think it would be difficult.

Somethink like that was already made : http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4811.0

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2011, 11:03:23 pm »

Somethink like that was already made : http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4811.0

Yeah. What about making it monthly? Or somenthing like it.

Another one: a bazaar event. in necropolis a big bazaar has set up, where ghouls sell all the stuff they foun in the years. and what abount mixing it with somenthing else? like rocketball and an arena  :P
« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:06 am »

How about playing out some part of the original game like the escape from the Oil ring makeing one gm to the choosen one others the friends who tag along and the participating players to enclave soldiers (giving them beyond repair APA for the event only). The map would be one level of the Oil ring and the players would need to try and stop the gms who would be able to have some fun too. (All gms would have something like a 9999 hp but they wouldn't respawn and the event would last for about 1 hour)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »

How about playing out some part of the original game like the escape from the Oil ring makeing one gm to the choosen one others the friends who tag along and the participating players to enclave soldiers (giving them beyond repair APA for the event only). The map would be one level of the Oil ring and the players would need to try and stop the gms who would be able to have some fun too. (All gms would have something like a 9999 hp but they wouldn't respawn and the event would last for about 1 hour)

Good idea. Maybe taking things from the Restoration Project? Like EPA, or primitive village (Sulik's home), or opening V13 (giving items from the vault, like canteens) and maybe a sort of deathclaw infiltration event? using Goris (the Fallout 2 deathclaw companion) and  spawning several of him to attack random cities.
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »

There are a lot of cool story parts that could be played out as an event. And as you said taking the primitive village and making an event when slavers attacks it players would be the tribals who live there and the slavers could be npc or some randomly chosen player. The opening of V13 could be an interesting thing but considering that the fallout intro shows the massacre there it wouldn't be a challenging one but surely would be interesting to make it a hide and seek game like the enclave players need to find the vault dwellers and kill as less as they can on the other hand vault dwellers would get some boost to the sneak and would need to hide (sadly more then 25 player would be much for this.).
Also we could play out the fight between the blades and the regulators and the event would be similar to town control like the players need to secure a position for a given time or something like that (this one could take a lot of time to make from the gms so it could be a simple team fight instead of the securing of a place).
And lastly there could have been a caravan guard event. A gm becames a caravan leader then the players go from map to map with him fighting khan raiders, centaurs and floaters, molerats...etc making about 10 enc each harder then previous and having about 30 or less player who won't respawn after death but moves with the caravan to the next enc and could see the whole till the road is finished or everyone have died. Maybe there could be a little speach at the finish like "Thanks to your hard work I could have delivered the medical supplies for this NCR outpost, and I would like to hire you for the road back to Shady Sands later" or something similar.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:28 pm »

There are a lot of cool story parts that could be played out as an event. And as you said taking the primitive village and making an event when slavers attacks it players would be the tribals who live there and the slavers could be npc or some randomly chosen player. The opening of V13 could be an interesting thing but considering that the fallout intro shows the massacre there it wouldn't be a challenging one but surely would be interesting to make it a hide and seek game like the enclave players need to find the vault dwellers and kill as less as they can on the other hand vault dwellers would get some boost to the sneak and would need to hide (sadly more then 25 player would be much for this.).
Also we could play out the fight between the blades and the regulators and the event would be similar to town control like the players need to secure a position for a given time or something like that (this one could take a lot of time to make from the gms so it could be a simple team fight instead of the securing of a place).
And lastly there could have been a caravan guard event. A gm becames a caravan leader then the players go from map to map with him fighting khan raiders, centaurs and floaters, molerats...etc making about 10 enc each harder then previous and having about 30 or less player who won't respawn after death but moves with the caravan to the next enc and could see the whole till the road is finished or everyone have died. Maybe there could be a little speach at the finish like "Thanks to your hard work I could have delivered the medical supplies for this NCR outpost, and I would like to hire you for the road back to Shady Sands later" or something similar.

Well, the vault event was just for the canteens  ;D but i like the idea of changing the Fallout preset story. Preventing slavers to attack Sulik's village, saving his sister, or enslave the entire village and killing Sulik, in either cases leaving the Chosen One without a companion...
Or you could make a big faction war. I mean, like the NRC fighting VC for some reasons, with many battles for the wastes, and depending on their choises the players will join the fight from a side, and leading their faction to victory!
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02:47 am »

WIPE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A gm, spawning random Items,  millions of caps etc.

I mean what does it matter?  WIPE follows after party.

Or,  KING OF THE HILL, every man for himself, BLOOD BATH.  Winner gets P.A.

Hide and Sneak,  last person to be discoverd in a vault WINS.

Hub Police for a day - Delete ALL Hub Police, and have players run the show,  LOL there's a NEW sherriff in town.  Or better, send groups of players to preset events in the wastes, like domestics, and break-ins, with a badge,  reward them based on their reactions in the encounter.

THE RED INVASION.  Have an unknown army, attack EVERY settlement in the wastes.  It's up to the players to band together in groups - to wrest free the towns, or save thier own vs NPC Horde.

JAIL BREAK OUT,  Round up grounds of players 10 to 20 players at a time, and at random, stick them in GM JAIL,  Make them work together on a series of cooperative tasks to escape.

Hide 10,000,000 caps or 5x suts of POWER ARMOR in New Reno,  -  BROADCAST IT on ALL RADIO CHANNELS. every 5 minutes.   LOL  even if you hid nothing it would be VERY interesting.

Park a VERTIBIRD in New Reno,  with a series of lock on it at 300 to be picked.... see who can break through to get the prize.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #298 on: May 27, 2011, 12:05:23 am »

Nothing new, first syndrome of incoming wipe are players in PAs in NCR
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2011, 12:15:38 pm »

Well for wipe party the simpliest and funniest thing would be to remove the respawn (and but keep the timer it would just restart every 50 sec)... no need for the power armor for all and other similar stuff.
But still I think a non fighting event would be nice to see. Or a big faction war like the one Grommok suggested.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.