"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:40:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 140926 times)

Re: Your event ideas!
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

Good idea, Saltwater.
I would like to see it in game : D
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2011, 09:06:28 pm »

2238: Reborn

Abandoned, exiled, without the leader and goal, The Unity and the Children of the Cathedral raomed the Wasteland. In 2246, the mysterious stranger, later one of the Unity main ideologists proclaimed himself as the New Master. Day by day he became insane, possesed by the original Master's vision, he started to gather his followers in the New Reno church. Under the mask of equality, health care, peace for the entire Wasteland, the Unity seeks for the total domination under the iron fist of the New Master. The current main California's forces: the Army of New California Republic, the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave sent thier scouts to New Reno. Their reports were quite alarming. The new Unity is going stronger and stronger day by day and have to be stopped. President Tandi spoken with the Elders and head Paladins of the Brotherhood of Steel about the alliance.The Enclave seen in the upcoming conflict opportunity to finalize their own plans about the post nuclear California. Dwellers started joining all this factions. Life in the Wasteland is about to change...

I have an idea of the event series, inspired by recent Children of the Cathedral and Rangers events. Some volounteers and active game masters are needed to make this ones. This series would consist both Role-Play and combat events. Players will allign to the Brotherhood of Steel, NCR Army, Enclave and the Unity. Each camp would have it's place of debriefings, prayers etc. For example Necropolis for the Unity, Lost Hills for the Brotherhood, Navarro for the Enclave, Military Camp for the New California Republic. From time to time each camp will have PvE combat event.  And finally, very big Team PvP battle in the end of the season.

I would like to volunteer any way I can as a Child of the Cathedral.

Tell me what I must do, and I'll do it.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

Well. As I wrote, this idea needs the help of game masters if they like it.

Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2011, 07:58:31 am »

I was thinking about a Headshot Only event... using only Sniper Rifles with 10 rounds each. 10 players to each team. Unreal Tournament style. The map could be some place with a multitude of buildings so the sniping itself has a little skill involved. Respawn should be allowed but only one time per player, but there should also be a ammo and HP penalty (as in being weakened when beginning at spawn towns.)

Ahhh... to dream.
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:13 am »

I was thinking about a Headshot Only event... using only Sniper Rifles with 10 rounds each. 10 players to each team. Unreal Tournament style. The map could be some place with a multitude of buildings so the sniping itself has a little skill involved. Respawn should be allowed but only one time per player, but there should also be a ammo and HP penalty (as in being weakened when beginning at spawn towns.)

Ahhh... to dream.

that is wrong. BG who like participate in events wouldn't stand a chance in it. that is of course, if the event gives 300 skill in the weapons they chose. if that happens, then i guess it is ok :)

Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »

that is wrong. BG who like participate in events wouldn't stand a chance in it. that is of course, if the event gives 300 skill in the weapons they chose. if that happens, then i guess it is ok :)

Well, maybe BG players will have to opt out on this event if it were a possibility.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:27 pm »

Benchmark event: a certain amount of players are invited to a area and given 3d player character model.
Then, they should fight some critters with explosives or other guns and later report how the performance was.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2011, 04:44:52 am »

Benchmark event: a certain amount of players are invited to a area and given 3d player character model.
Then, they should fight some critters with explosives or other guns and later report how the performance was.

All the 3d models get rendered on clientside, so the performance depends on your computer, not the server. ;)

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

Since i'm second tired of events based on "tower defense", i would like to suggest something less... epic?

For this event we would need:
- few lvls of a CRYPT [It would be nice if the crypt would have 3-6 lvls. ]
- few meats  BRAVE PLAYERS
- invention of gm's

Players are teleported to the lowest lvl of vault, their task is to get out from there in one piece. Simple survival mission, restricted by time.

- The players are spawned naked, no additional stuff, no stimpacks, uber guns and so on. Those stuff would be in lockeds or rooms, that are ahead. The amout of stuff would be higly limited.
- Main quest would be something like "get right key to open the doors". It wount be just like that. All over the place would be traps [ mine fields, traped doors, minigun towers and so on] and unfriendly npc [you open the door just to find super muti (1k hp+) with flamer... and you are unarmed remember?]
- In some lockers there would be, able to find, gear and guns with limited ammo.
- Player who died on event would be teleported out of it. No respawm, no second chance.
- To keep people going there should be some uber monster creation. Respawm deathclaw that will go after lazy folks should be enought. Those creatures might be controlled by gm's.
- There should be as many doors/ladders/elevators as it would be possible, so the players would have chance to run, when being chased by evil npc with ripper, claws or anything else that can harm them

The fun side of this event would be a risk: should i open that doors or shouldn't i? Mayby its a trap? or mayby there are stuff that i need to get? Minimum guns, ammo and gear. Event that would require lockpickers, demolisation experts and other, usually useless, guys ;]. And i think less than half of participants would menage to survive first lvl.

I like the idea of tp, but in previous events tp = slaughteryyyyyy! This time tp means live or dead.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:00 pm »

Something very similar to this is currently being worked on, and will be done in sooner future. Differences with your idea are that players will probably be at least 15, and maybe won't start naked - but this is a good idea.
Few paths will be available to reach the end of the area.

My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:34 am »

Unarmed punchers will kick all asses even without any gear. Just bare knuckles u can damage good if you melee combat, especially if you hand-to-hand. So, many peoples will abuse it. And most lockpickers cant fight well, so they will be just a meat. And of course mass PKing at start: all singlers would be smashed by big gangs guyz. Does it fun? May be i just see only that bad?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2011, 09:07:21 am »

Unarmed punchers will kick all asses even without any gear. Just bare knuckles u can damage good if you melee combat, especially if you hand-to-hand. So, many peoples will abuse it. And most lockpickers cant fight well, so they will be just a meat. And of course mass PKing at start: all singlers would be smashed by big gangs guyz. Does it fun? May be i just see only that bad?

People taken there will not be chosen randomly, they will most likely all be part of the same team, or same group of players willing to participate. There will be no need for lockpick alt/science alt (yet?). So don't worry :P
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »

lot of time ago random vault dweller find holy hand granade* and bring it to father tully, but few seconds ago mutants and CoC rape Father Tully and steal Holy Hand Granade!
we got mission, help tully find his sacred epic item.

army of mutants and CoC randomly spawned in all city, and bad thief with granade.
just bring peace to wasteland, kill masters followers and make tully happy.

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »

or we can use monthy pyton movie...holy gral...
kill killer rabbit..make quest of knights of NI and or kill them (super mutants)...kill 3headed knight (9999hp centaur)...rescue gay prince from castle (we can use myrin skin and few lvl buildigs--->knightis in ma mk2 and hammers and mele weapons)...rescue sir galahard from horny leather skins women and prostitutes...and finnally at the end of event storm french :) castle <---it can by pvp
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »

or event in ncr oil rafinery. kill president of enclave or protect military base and master from "chosen ones" ;] we will have s mutants skins and we will die for master!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.