"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:20:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Enclave Base Suggestions  (Read 1668 times)

Enclave Base Suggestions
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:42:34 pm »

So after spending several days playing the game, I felt the urge to attempt getting my Armorer 3 profession. Which of course, meant joining the Enclave. Which of course doomed me to being hated by everyone. Which was expected. What was not expected, however, was just how useless the actual base is once you gain access. So, I came up with this little list of suggestions which would sort of balance out the negative karma with something good. There has to be SOME benefit to joining this organization. Right?

1. Bartering. After scouring the entire base, I quickly discovered that you can not trade with a single person in the Enclave base. Very annoying. They do have patrols that constantly pick up stuff in the wasteland. Wouldn't it make sense that somebody would be willing to do a little dealing with you?

2. Crafting. It would be great if the base provided some advanced crafting tools. Like an ammo terminal or other items. It would probably draw more people into a career in the Enclave.

3. Mining. I think that Navarro should have it's own private mine. Again, it would draw more people to a career in the Enclave.

4. Enclave Power Armor. This is the strongest stuff in the game. But the only people who can wear it are NPCs that stand around the base all day.

5. The Vertibird. It would be great if you were given the option to access a vertibird on the base and have it drop them off at any one location on the map. It would have a function similarly to the NCR train.

6. Vehicles. There is a garage. There are two working technicians. It would be great if they offered some vehicles for sale as well. This is a military organization after all.

Re: Enclave Base Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:15:00 pm »

So after spending several days playing the game, I felt the urge to attempt getting my Armorer 3 profession. Which of course, meant joining the Enclave. Which of course doomed me to being hated by everyone. Which was expected. What was not expected, however, was just how useless the actual base is once you gain access. So, I came up with this little list of suggestions which would sort of balance out the negative karma with something good. There has to be SOME benefit to joining this organization. Right?

1. Bartering. After scouring the entire base, I quickly discovered that you can not trade with a single person in the Enclave base. Very annoying. They do have patrols that constantly pick up stuff in the wasteland. Wouldn't it make sense that somebody would be willing to do a little dealing with you?

2. Crafting. It would be great if the base provided some advanced crafting tools. Like an ammo terminal or other items. It would probably draw more people into a career in the Enclave.

3. Mining. I think that Navarro should have it's own private mine. Again, it would draw more people to a career in the Enclave.

4. Enclave Power Armor. This is the strongest stuff in the game. But the only people who can wear it are NPCs that stand around the base all day.

5. The Vertibird. It would be great if you were given the option to access a vertibird on the base and have it drop them off at any one location on the map. It would have a function similarly to the NCR train.

6. Vehicles. There is a garage. There are two working technicians. It would be great if they offered some vehicles for sale as well. This is a military organization after all.

I agree, but too many enclave is no good neither.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:58 am »

I disagree with the armor of the enclave, with the rest I agree, it's more the idea of vertibird is very good, also the mine

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:51:38 pm »

I think the Enclave should have a special crafting terminal, but no ordinary workbench, or else just everybody would join them.
That way, you would still be shot by holier-than-thou NPC factions in south-east , but be a necessary part in player economics. If the way to technology like ammo crafting terminal or resources are blocked by agressive PvP factions, players will choose a necessary evil to dealing with Enclave(you).
I suppose they don't entirely dependent on HQ, so they got to trade with 'muties', since they would need basic materials, while having better ore, minerals or perhaps unique materials like advanced radio parts.

You still risk to be killed and looted by Enclave patrols.

As a single Enclave member you have to wage to the more-or-less Enclave-tolerant, but still dangerous cities in order to craft or get basic resources. San Francisco would be good for that purpose and gets more player attention. However, the Communist Mine could run out on iron ore quite easily...

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 04:34:59 pm »

As i know 4th suggestion will be half implemented when ranking system will be added to game. And i really like all other suggestions of author. By the way i think something similar should be added to raiders, cause for now, there are only 2 mines available for them near vault city (which is kinda useless since vc patrols and caravans and gecko caravans are killing you. And san francisco mine which is very far away from raiders base.

avv

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »

Enclave could be the faction for those dudes who only play fonline for few hours a day or only during weekend. You get nice stuff from quarter master every now and then and you get to go on some enclave related missions. But you can't just go to modoc and slaughter everyone with your uber stuff because that's not what enclave wants. Other option for 24/7 players would be to work as enclave spy, then you'd have more options but not so cool gear.

Haha the most advanced power in the world still labours in mines :D Instead of private mine, enclave could get supplies by vertibird and mining was replaced by carrying supplies and crafting them. You get normal cooldown from gathering these supplies from boxes inside the base.

Bartering. After scouring the entire base, I quickly discovered that you can not trade with a single person in the Enclave base. Very annoying. They do have patrols that constantly pick up stuff in the wasteland. Wouldn't it make sense that somebody would be willing to do a little dealing with you?

But not the usual crap like deteriorated guns for sure. Enclave dudes probably get the best stuff anyway, so they might be more interested in luxuries like alcoholics and drugs from outside the base. And maybe some pre-war era tech.

The Vertibird. It would be great if you were given the option to access a vertibird on the base and have it drop them off at any one location on the map. It would have a function similarly to the NCR train.

Yeah but not in the middle of ncr ofcourse  ;) And those vertibirds could be used for quests. For example you were given a task to go capture some deathclaws, your pals take the same mission, gather around vertibird and get dropped in action.

Vehicles. There is a garage. There are two working technicians. It would be great if they offered some vehicles for sale as well. This is a military organization after all.

Not bad, enclave has gas station too after all. But not some high tech uber vehicles for everybody because enclave is also secretive and doesn't want to spread information about its existence to everybody.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:38 am »

I agree to all this stuff if people are afraid of the power armor then make the price higher for it. I joined the game wanting to be Enclave and it seems like the developers didn't give much effort whatsoever to give the enclave its own advantages. I assume they are avid fans of the brotherhood.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 03:52:39 am »

I love your ideas. Maybe the player could get an outpost to guard somewhere in the wasteland, which would serve like a tent!
And as of adv. power armor of the enclave, I think it'd be pretty neat to see fellas in that walk around the wastes. BUT it should NOT be too good. Maybe a damaged one. I'd love to wear it even if it would be worse than a CA. But it needs to be really expensive anyway. Only the best should get it, maybe after completing all missions that the enclave would offer.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 03:55:36 am »

You do realise people can repair damaged items....
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:31:26 pm »

I didn't mean damaged as with deterioration. But the armor would be named "Damaged Power Armor" and would be worse.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 07:19:46 pm »

Ye, a trader would be neat to have. Don't know what he would sell :/ I guess they want to keep all high tier ammo/armor/items for themself but I guess they could sell all half shitty stuff so they can buy good things from towns :P

2. Crafting. It would be great if the base provided some advanced crafting tools. Like an ammo terminal or other items. It would probably draw more people into a career in the Enclave
As Alvarez stated before: No normal bench (it would just attract lots of stupid people and it would probably get overcrowded -.-'). And I guess that they should have their own advanced ammo creating thing (bah i forgot the name), how else do they get all their damn ammo for their weapons. I haven't seen them storming mariposa for ammo :P

I somewhat agree with avv. My guess is that they would probably go to SF mine with a bunch of slaves onboard their vertibird (why wouldn't they have slaves :P they capture alot of tribes for their FEV experiments later on, why not use some of the captured for labor) and then bring all their stuff to the base for refining (they could have a small hidden camp just outside the base with all the gathered ore/minerals, or just add a small mine for them...)

If what vedaras said is true, then wiiiiiiiiiii!

It would be neat, but I guess it would have to cost a fair amount of money so it wouldn't get abused for joyrides (fuel costs :/)

Hmm, ye :/ They do have a vehicle garage and a gas station! Get some cars over there asap!
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 18 queries.