"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 20, 2024, 04:55:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 145206 times)

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2012, 06:29:13 am »

:-\ Sorry to ask I'm very new to FOnline 2238 and when I tried connecting to a server that is up...It does this...First I start the game...Login into my character. Then connect to the server and I got the IP and Port. Then the game is loading...Then stop loading goes back to the main menu and says "Connection Established, Authentiction..." I'm sorry but I've never seen that before. And I never'd learned about it either...So can anyone help me? It won't go on the server or load it even known its the right account and character.
The server was probably offline.
You can check the aviability of server when you scroll down, here on forums.
(Or save this link and check it if you are not sure :o http://fo2238.fodev.net/status/)
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:54 pm »

Whenever I launch the game, the client crashes on startup. When I delete the cache files, the client crashes on the loading screen before the login screen, seemingly after downloading them. Happens with both FOnline.exe and FOnlineGL.exe. Had no problems before this last update. Whenever I try to run the updater, I just get "Connecting to the update server..." and then nothing, no traffic is being blocked by a firewall or anything. All settings are at their default.

Crashdump: http://pastebin.com/QwXCMAnr

FOnline.log:
Starting FOnline (version 0420-EB)...
Engine initialization...
Sprite manager initialization...
Sprite manager initialization complete.
Sound manager initialization...
Sound manager initialization complete.
Loaded<133> critter types.
Load scripts...
Script message: Property : Error : Expected identifier : 1, 3.
Script message:  : Error : Failed in call to function 'RegisterGlobalProperty' with 'MZ' : 0, 0.
Script message:  : Error : Expected data type : 0, 1.
Script message:  : Error : Failed in call to function 'RegisterGlobalProperty' : 0, 0.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Got it working by updating using this http://fonline2238.net/files/FOnline2238_Client.zip.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:10:59 pm by thisisnottrue »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »

After last update I can't run game (crashes on start).
Cache files deleted, can't update by updater because it ain't working.
Here is dump file : http://pastebin.com/ygjiADDF
Wat to do?
h
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2012, 03:16:08 am »

After last update I can't run game (crashes on start).
Cache files deleted, can't update by updater because it ain't working.
Here is dump file : http://pastebin.com/ygjiADDF
Wat to do?

If you look at the post above you you'll see I had the exact same problem. Use these files: http://fonline2238.net/files/FOnline2238_Client.zip to update your client and you should be fine.
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

After i updated the game i press play and it shows a login and under that is a few error messages as buttons.i click enter and a Update Message Displays " Datafile 'datafiles 2238.cgf' not found. run updater.exe"        WHAT DO I DO ANY HELP FROM MY FELLOW GAMERS?? ??? ???

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

i press on play i get loading screen but it does not load. so i press escape and it brings me to log in screen with errors all over and says some executing scripts have not loaded or something like that  . anyway to fix this?
fixed. messed around with a couple things in config and removed cache a couple times and now works.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:05:44 pm by falloutdude »
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:55 am »

So i'm having some problems i am totally new to fonline 2238 and i went through the whole install and everything works fine, but i cant get on the server, i already "registered" by making my own character and once i click play it teases me that i logged on but only end up back at the menu telling me that it tried to log on and that it's authenticating, im new to this game and just barely signed up for forum so i dont know if there is a noob's guide to getting on the server, thanks if u read my post
« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:37 am »

Hi, I'm a new player but I haven't gotten to play yet. When I run the updater, it says "Can't connect to the update server (176.9.105.171)." I have changed the port to 4040 in the Net tab in configure. Is the update server down? The normal server is up according to the little server status picture, but yet I can't update? Not sure if this is a problem or just the update server being offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »

Looks like the updater dosen't work atm. Try the full client from JovankaB.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

JovankaB

« Reply #414 on: August 06, 2012, 06:45:19 pm »

Looks like the updater dosen't work atm. Try the full client from JovankaB.

Or try again. Update server was restarted.
« Reply #415 on: August 10, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »

Okay im new to this game and i really like the ide. But i been plagued with problems for the past 3 hours trying to get this to run. As it stands I have no mouse curser when the game's main menu is up an so I was reading your posts an it seems its fixed when you go to your FO2238Config file. Here is my problem That file app and the launcher both Fail when launched and say "A device attached to the system is not functioning" I have uninstalled everything an redon it all several times, some insight would be great please!
« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2012, 08:38:23 pm »

Oh forgot to post this on my previous post im running windows 7 64bit
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2012, 05:17:50 am »

Same as guy above.

I have Win7 Pro 64bit with all the updated.
I've got QuadCore, nVidia 560Ti and 8Gb of RAM.
I've played for some time back in 03.2010. I've even post a blog post on the topic here: ​http://zenobius.zeno.pl/archives/188/ciekawe-strony/fonline-2238-mmorpg-oparte-na-fallout-2-czy-moze-byc-lepiej (in polish).
But now, as I'm redeveloping the blog, I've started to read my past posts.. I've got to this FO thing and I've said: "I want to play it again!".
So I've got my F2 copy from the box, I've got it installed, I've upgraded to 1.02.. I've started the FOnline setup, copied the files and everything.. I've changed the Net IP for the one on the main webpage, I've hit "update".. the game was updated without any trouble, and now my cursor vanishes as I place it over the FOnline game window.

And I have the "Data file Datafiles2238.cfg not found." error.
I've tried to reinstall the game, but it doesn't work for me.

I can't register, I can't start anything.. any ideas?
« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2012, 03:09:11 am »

After the update 10/08/2012 im getting this error. Descriptions of the menu buttons read "ERROR". Black background, cursor present.
« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2012, 01:54:59 pm »

Hi all,

I have got a problem with lauching the game.

It says all the time, "it was not possible to connect to the server".
I had the problem of "faction.zip" but I have readed your explanation and solved by copying the file to data folder.
I also found one topic that was answering to the failure starting script but here is something else.
I cannot edit fonline.cfg at all !!
I was looking on internet and they say that you usually can open this kind of file with word pad or either word.
But I just can not !
And stillt hat server problem, does anyone can help?

thank you
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 24 queries.