"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 04:16:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Requesting merc commanding tips  (Read 1404 times)

avv

Requesting merc commanding tips
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:10 am »

I've found out that mercs act pretty dumb in combat. They sometimes might run right next to the enemy even though they could just shoot, sometime they just run around instead of shooting the pointed target.

What kind of commands must be given to merc so that he certainly will attack the target which has been set as highest priority?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Requesting merc commanding tips
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:41:34 pm »

Mercs can be usseful if controlled properly yes.
Hold alt then click on the enemy you want dead, then click: Attack (high priority) If it's turn based the next turn the merc will switch to that target and attack him.
You can use the alt menu to give mercs move orders aswell, remember to use high priority since mercs are rather persistant with their current targets/jobs

avv

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 04:04:39 pm »

They don't always follow that high priority attack command. They might just attack someone else randomly. Maybe it has to do with line of sight.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:37:18 pm »

They don't always follow that high priority attack command. They might just attack someone else randomly. Maybe it has to do with line of sight.

Or it's lagg, try doing it alteast twice

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 06:15:20 pm »

The funny thing is that when i see my lone wanderer slave is dying i give him a few high priority move commands to run around in TB. Since he usually cant reach his destinations before i issue a new command, those commands are stored. So when combat ends, he suddenly starts running around panicked like a headless chicken XD
One word, err link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vG81HyVfs
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:17:31 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »

Anyone knows how I give a merc or slave to another person?

[edit]
ok, i guess mercs you can't give..

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:53:32 pm by _Youkai_ »

avv

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:53:48 pm »

It appears that the surest way to have merc shoot someone you want is to prepare the command option and when it's merc's turn you quickly target the victim. Merc should shoot him, unless you're too slow and he's going to shoot someone else. But if he's going to move, he just stops and should shoot the target.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.