"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 04:21:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mentat addiction...  (Read 1996 times)

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
Mentat addiction...
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »

I've recently become addicted to mentats...how long does it take for the addiction to wear off?
May a schizophrenic pop star inject poison into your bookcase!
Re: Mentat addiction...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:29:23 pm »

I've recently become addicted to mentats...how long does it take for the addiction to wear off?

24 real life hours, you don't have to be online that time.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:56:17 am »

24 real life hours, you don't have to be online that time.

Could a Developer or GM please confirm this? :-[ Or could at least one or two other people who have experienced this first hand provide details?  :(

I'm getting mixed information, on the IRC channel some OPs are saying you have to be logged in for 24 hours of play time for the addiction to go away while other people are stating that it's 24 hours regardless if you're logged in or not. :-\
The timers listed on the pipboy all continue to decrement while a character is offline, so is this true for status affects on a character that have durations as well..?

Also the wiki is a tad confusing on this subject, is the duration listed in game-time or real-time?
For instance on the Psycho wiki entry under addiction it says the addiction sets in after 16 hours; effects last 20 days...
This has to be based on the game clock right? You can't possible have to be logged in for 480 hours to lose your addiction right...?  ???

I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this, either I'm blind or this information is not listed on the wiki and it doesn't state if the durations are in game-time or real-time...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:48:35 am »

I know that poisoning doesn't go away when you are offline. Also, when you take a Weak Healing powder, and then log off right after, when you log on it still takes a couple of minutes before the PE+ affect happens. I assume it is the same for addiction.

One thing I can confirm is that time measurements for drugs (or anything else for that matter, except 4-week Tent disposal) are in Game-time. Do you really think they would make you wait 20 days (which is like over a year in the game) to get rid of that addiction?

Now the conversions for real-time to game time is another thing:
If I remember correctly it is that 1 minute real-time = 1/3 hour game-time, though I don't know this for fact.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:52:36 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »

Could a Developer or GM please confirm this? :-[ Or could at least one or two other people who have experienced this first hand provide details?  :(
I'm sure on 100%, because in pre-wipe one of my test alts once was addicted by Buffout, I got so low STR after that, so I couldn't carry aynthing, but when I logged in for that character in like 6-7 hours - he still had addiction, but tomorrow - he had no addiction. I was online after Bufout's addiction only few minutes, so addiction timers expires even if you're offline.

Now the conversions for real-time to game time is another thing:
If I remember correctly it is that 1 minute real-time = 1/3 hour game-time, though I don't know this for fact.
Ingame time = x20 of real time.
So 1 real minute it's yes, 1/3 hour or 20 minutes in game.
So 20 ingame days = 1 real life day or 24 hours.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.