Yes
- 5 (31.3%)
no
- 6 (37.5%)
partially
- 5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Evacuating teammates  (Read 1728 times)

avv

Evacuating teammates
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:29 pm »

This is a team-play improving feature, suitable for gang fights and basically any fight that involves fighting with friends.

First rule is that you cannot kill anyone with single shot. He always goes down with 0 health no matter how much damage you do. Solves suicide bombing in the process  ;)

Second rule is that you can pick your friends with 0 health up with special command. *Click hold over body and you get an option to evacuate him*
Once the command is activated your friend appears in your inventory and when we got 3d models we could get the model being carried by you over your shoulder.
*While carrying someone you cannot run and you can only use one handed weapons.
*People are heavy, so you will need strength, not only carry weight. Weak characters cannot carry other players. Min 5 str is required for evacuation. STR 10 dudes could carry 2 guys on their both shoulders, but couldn't shoot.
*Once your teammate is in your inventory, you can drop him anywhere and nurse him. Or have someone else nurse him.
*You can only pick up teammates who are in your squad, your friends or whatever.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Evacuating teammates
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:58:14 pm »

hell no, suicide bombers are good thing, you would just take one of few things that are fun to do for individual players :>

avv

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:53 pm »

hell no, suicide bombers are good thing, you would just take one of few things that are fun to do for individual players :>

Hey haven't you checked out how pro terrorists do their strikes? First one guy explodes and when paramedics arrive and everybody thinks it's safe the second guy activates his load.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05:27 pm »

Hey haven't you checked out how pro terrorists do their strikes? First one guy explodes and when paramedics arrive and everybody thinks it's safe the second guy activates his load.

individual players man.... solo that is

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »

I'm not for this idea, even if it would be rather cool, I have to say.

First of all, it's really low priority. I'd say too that this 0 hp thing is rather complicated and would need too much things to change. Plus, I can already see the abuses here (Fast relog with 10 ST alts anyone ?). And I'm waiting for other things with 3D graphics than being able to carry your friends =p (Or enemies...)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:34:52 pm »

I don't agree with that 0 hp thingy but I must say that I lack some opportunity to help your friends in fight. I would like if doc (like profession not skill) could heal fallen friends even when they drop below -20 hp with some restrictions like a whole body (you know it hard to fix someone after bombing run or rocket explosion) and some reviving time during which you can interrupt it or assist him = faster revive etc. Or simply SOMETHING. Now there is nothing like backup or support character in fights. Support chars equal to alt waiting at world map with shitload of superstimps and ammo in backpack. Medics and not-pure-dmg-dealers should have some role in fight too and I miss that right now.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:41 pm »

Yup, Sius is quite right. A (so called) field medic can only heal once during a battle, which is quite bad. But the main reason for it is also that in FOnline (unlike in Fallout Tactics) you can't use covers. Basically, two players stand, they shoot, one dies. They can't really hide or partly hide. Currently, hiding in fight often means retreat. =/
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:58 pm »

I like the evac/fireman's carry idea.

Though making people immune to bomb-kills is too carebeary.

I chunk a dude- he's stays chunked.
(Until respawn.)

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 02:09:31 am »

I Like it :D Apart from the 0HP thing, That Fails, What About the Uber Pwn in the Eyes for 100 Points?
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:31 am »

how about scrapping the 0HP thing so we dont see field medics dragging around teammates all over the place in PVP battles? the rest of the idea i like.
\"If you touch squirrel\'s nuts, prepare to have genitals bitten.\"  -Confucius
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »

About that medic discussion, I have some things to suggest. More about FA, doc and death system than carrying people though.

1)
For now, you die at -20hp, before that a FA can heal you. What about adding a second cap, for example -50 :

- when somebody is between 0 and -20, he is knocked out, but in a stable status. He won't lose hp naturally , and first aid can heal him. No change over the current system.
- when somebody is bewteen -20 and -50, he is dying. His situation will get worse, and he will die and replicate in 60 seconds or less (real time, same value as now. that is -1hp every 2 seconds), unless he his helped. FA can't help, but Doctor skill can help him, and his hp will go up, but not over 0.  He will have a big weakened time (+15 min). If doc is successful, replicate timeout is cancelled, and his state will be stable again. A failure will finish him (hp will go to -51). And any hit (even a no damage shot) received in this state would finish him too.
-under -50, no matter the method (that can be a shot, a doctor failure, or a slow agony), the character die and replicate (or will replicate).

Somebody below -20 hp need to be helped fast. And before he can fight again, he will need lot of medic help. In my suggestion, he need 1 doctor to prevent him from dying. Then either wait natural heal or more surgery and first aid to stand up.

2)
To go with this first part, i think we should have doctor and FA's timeouts to be cumulative (as gathering is). It would make medics far more useful, and not overpowered. This max timeout should depend on the skills. With 10 doctor, maximum cumulative timeout will be 1, with 100 doctor, it will be 10, and so on.  
This way, good medics can heal multiple people a little. But when they try to revive somebody, it will likely use most of their timeout. And if you have low skill, you could only heal very few people, and you will most likely kill somebody if you try to revive him.

3)
One last thing is about weakened status. Now, when you try to heal weakened status, either you succeed and timeout his cancelled, or you fail and no change. Instead of this binary thing, i suggest depending on the roll, you reduce the weakened timeout. And a fail could increase it a little too (1 minute).

Conclusion)
-doctor can
 -- heal or reduce weakened status (easy, low timeout). On failure, the weakened timeout become a little higher.
 -- heal broken limbs (average). On failure, <put your suggestions here>.
 -- heal dying people (very hard, gives a big timeout). On failure, target dies.
- FA
 -- gives life (FA and weakened timeout depend on amount healed ( as it is now) ).

Main idea is to give more importance to medic character, and give drawbacks to people trying surgery with no skills.  You need 10 years of studies before becoming a doctor IRL. Failure in surgery operation means negative effects, so if you don't know how to heal somebody, you better not try.

I am a little off-topic. But your first suggestion and the discussion gave me this idea. If you carry dying people, they will continue to lose hp, maybe faster, so you need to be quick to take them in a safe place.
 I like your idea about carrying people, and i think my suggestion can be a good solution for the 0 hp discussion, because if people die too fast, carrying will never be possible. Perhaps some refinements (changing the hp numbers and timeouts length for example) are needed.

and sorry for my average english, correct me if needed ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:27:10 pm by kalimdra »
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

And any hit (even a no damage shot) received in this state would finish him too.
-under -50, no matter the method (that can be a shot, a doctor failure, or a slow agony), the character die and replicate (or will replicate).

I like the idea, but I'd argue would argue that this makes the whole thing redundant. People are just going to shoot one more time.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 03:55:55 pm »

I like the idea, but I'd argue would argue that this makes the whole thing redundant. People are just going to shoot one more time.

That's right. So just delete this statement or change it to 'you get double damage'. And adjust final death cap accordingly.

avv

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 04:15:18 pm »

Lol Kalimdra are you a real medic or something?
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 04:24:38 pm »

Should i take this comment as a compliment ?  ;D . But no, i am nothing close to a doctor in my real life.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 25 queries.