"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:24:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More various loot from creatures  (Read 1565 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
More various loot from creatures
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »

Now PvE is just too boring. You kill raider, and you got mauser, some 9mm ammo and stimpak. You kill next and next, and nothing else than ammo amount hasn't changed.
There should be more various loot from raiders, ghouls, caravans (that's another problem: caravan leader/trader don't have anything while he's dead) and other human critters.
I'd like to see sometimes an armor dropped by raider or by caravan guard. Mutants should drop maybe powerfists or something like that.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Re: More various loot from creatures
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:55:35 pm »

The loot is rubbish for a reason. It would make crafting a lot less important if you get decent armor or equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:56:35 pm »

If you want to obtain an item, the NPC has to use/have it. So those mutants'd need to use a powerfist. Raiders are already very random compared to what was before. Now you can encounter three, five, four. With different types of thugs. Before we just had one setup of three NPCs. That was boring. Now it's always a surprise, really.

Caravan leaders are not lootable because if in the future trade with randomly found caravans were ever implemented, it'd be quite unbalancing to be able to obtain a whole shop's worth of items from a caravan. So leaders are unlootable.

The loot is rubbish for a reason. It would make crafting a lot less important if you get decent armor or equipment
DURR... Crafting wasn't meant as a full-time job, but as an alternative to PvE item hunting.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 05:00:28 pm »

I was saying about raiders. Look at them near broken hills - always same loot (women got pole and men got mauser, ~10ammo and stimpak).
Also dead bodies at encounters should contain something various item, not always the same in similar encounters.

avv

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »

I was saying about raiders. Look at them near broken hills - always same loot (women got pole and men got mauser, ~10ammo and stimpak).
Also dead bodies at encounters should contain something various item, not always the same in similar encounters.

Gotta agree that "raiders" encounter is pretty boring, how come those 2-5 raiders always have managed to hunt down a family of woman, child and dog ;)
Highwaymen and robbers are more interesting.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 05:24:55 pm »

I've never encountered highwayman, where can I meet him? And is it hard to kill? :P

avv

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »

I've never encountered highwayman, where can I meet him? And is it hard to kill? :P

Dude you should explore the world a little more. There's lots of tasty encounters with cool loot. Highwaymen can be encountered around vault city, modoc and den.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »

Here's a thought, why can't we have a 10% chance or whatever of finding leather jackets on raiders?
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »

DURR... Crafting wasn't meant as a full-time job, but as an alternative to PvE item hunting.

I never said it was, also no need for rudeness

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 06:18:41 am »

Here's a thought, why can't we have a 10% chance or whatever of finding leather jackets on raiders?

Good Idea, but 30% Chance, And make it Broken, Maybe You can loot Anything you Kill, Metal armour Ect. But The armour is Barely hanging together, But NO Combat armour + Looting.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 10:45:56 am »

Better the stuff the worse chance of getting it in one piece. There should be always some chance to get exactly the same loot as the person wearing it. But there should be restrictions like small drop chance and also deterioration/broken status should differ. If you kill Enclave patrol then there should be like 0.1% chance to loot broken PA (or maybe only its parts so you will not be able to wear it just for its skin). And since devs don't want PA to be ingame yet, then even 300% science/repair will fail at putting it back together because he lacks proper knowledge about that armor. But taken to something more real then maybe VC caravan. Group of guys in CA. So you kill some of them and you will be lucky in 5 out of 100 times and you will loot highly deteriorated or even broken armor. I think there is nothing wrong with alternative sources of stuff like these encounters.

Its +1 from me.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:06:36 pm »

anyone else thinking of that tribal on the splash screen with the PA helmet after Sius' post?
i want that, Sparta will rise again, with proper hlemets.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 05:08:15 pm »

I support this suggestion... There would be action in PvE again, not only doing laggy centaur/floater train :)
Rockwell weapons user
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.