"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:06:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merchant timeout  (Read 1301 times)

Merchant timeout
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:17:35 pm »

This seems like an obvious idea, so sorry if it has been suggested before. In regards to the 30 second countdown timer, how about it not eject people out from trade unless another player comes up and attempts to talk to the merchant also

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Merchant timeout
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »

The trading timer gets higher the more points you invest into the barter skill. So I don't see a problem here. ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:43:13 pm »

I guess that does give an incentive to raise barter, but its still very annoying when you're rushing to complete even though no one else is waiting around for the merchant.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:53:26 pm »

I guess that does give an incentive to raise barter, but its still very annoying when you're rushing to complete even though no one else is waiting around for the merchant.

just raise your barter, you suffer for what your character is thats all :>
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:24 pm »

I know you can raise barter, and having people suffer is a good incentive to raise barter. I just figured it was a good idea and others might agree. If not then thats the end of it I guess.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 12:07:43 am »

2 things about how this mechanic works.

1) The obvious, you can cycle between talk & barter to refresh the timer while searching for items.

2) If you are moving a stack of items to trade and selecting the # to move, if the timer runs out while doing this - the trade window will remain open. Other players can use merchant like normal, but your trade window remains open and you can browse through the merchants gear to pinpoint things you want to buy.

#2 is probably not working as intended and is most likely a bug, but for the time being it allows you to view a merchants items without worrying about a timer.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »

I didn't know about that other thing kastion, thanks.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 18 queries.