"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:32:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Flower Gardens?  (Read 1155 times)

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
Flower Gardens?
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:53:07 am »

How about those little white  flowers you get....If you drop them on the floor and use brahmin shit on them (using 'use tool') then X amount of time later another flower grows, one extra flower per shit, but only one shit per flower whilst it's growing.

This could be nice as people could decorate their bases and tents, and it would allow another way of employing lower level characters to do your work (spreading manure) for a few caps. Good for RP, good for new players and good for monte's quest in the Boneyard?

...What do you think?
May a schizophrenic pop star inject poison into your bookcase!
Re: Flower Gardens?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 01:58:18 am »

And who does most becomes King of Flowerland?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:58:32 am »

hmm... make it mutie man eatting flowers and maybe it'll catch on..

but if you're a mean evil PKing gang of "take over the wasteland" types, are you really going to plant flowers?

other than that, if you could grown stuff like fruit and fiber plants that might catch on..

but other wise i like the idea.

however, for giving lower levels something to do, i normally find people who are new/just got kiilled and give them a low grade weapon and have them back me up while hunting mobs, its not role playing but than again if anyone started any serious role play it'd take a few GMs guarding them to have them even last for a few minutes heh.

cheers.

-Ulrek-

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:12:45 am »

I understand you're point about the, nasty raider type lots...but what about the other factions, the "NCR Happy Guys" for example... It still could be nice to have a few flowers for the peace loving factions, for example i'm working on setting up an in-game news channel, mainly full of passive characters trying to spread news, and report on attacks, interview the victorious....Sure...we're going to get killed lots but the motto will just have to be really motivating...if you have any ideas let me know.
But not everyone in fallout is out to kill, kill, kill. Some of us want to make the wasteland a better and more civilized place.  :)

Also with the fruit and fibre plants, that is a good idea but the dev's might say no as if there was that much useful stuff available so easily the bases wouldn't be worth as much.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 02:14:08 am »

At first I loled, but then again, why not? It doesn't sound that stupid and as long as it is optional and implementable, why not. :)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:50 am »

john lennon +1

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 02:18:15 am »

Awesome thanks for the thumbs up...i was worried about being mocked... ;D
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 02:19:31 am »

other than that, if you could grown stuff like fruit and fiber plants that might catch on..

I agree, it's a pretty good idea, and if you don't take the subject title literally and think about it-  it makes sense.  :D

When given context, a gang's Doctor having his own herb garden at the faction base for medical use, or an Armorer growing plants for fibre outside his tent - it doesn't sound out of place at all.

If there was another way to harvest plants to gather seeds instead of the main resource, and another use for shovels to plant the seeds at tents & bases, that would be pretty fricken cool.  ;D
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 02:20:25 am »

I vote yes, because no matter how long I ignore Monte-fucking-Carlo he still wants his four hundred and nine flowers. Wanker.

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:28 am »

If there was another way to harvest plants to gather seeds instead of the main resource, and another use for shovels to plant the seeds at tents & bases, that would be pretty fricken cool.  ;D

I like your thinking, it would make the bases so much more interesting and alive, you could have you're own little society there...like Amish people...get some robes etc

And Badger.....(nods) i hear ya buddy.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 04:14:02 am »

*cough* hello kitty online *cough*

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 06:13:20 am »

Well, It'd be Cool If it Grew into Fruit, Not Flowers. But Growing shit has ALWAYS Been Denied. I vote Yes, Admins will Vote NO
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.