"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:33:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shotguns in Fonline  (Read 11697 times)

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
Re: Shotguns in Fonline
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 07:18:22 pm »

I don't see much point in making your opponent waste a couple of seconds unless a town NPC abuse by a gang of shotgunners is planned, if you are fighting a player without any sniper covering your back it's useless, you just won't kill a player, he'll stand up and nail you if it's a BG or run away/cripple you with a mouser(to embarass) if you've managed to get at a shotgun range to a sniper build
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »

The advantage is simple : Your enemy gets pushed back a few hexes and has to stand up - and to recover all his AP. Meanwhile, you got a few seconds to reload, gather AP to shoot him again, or simply run away !
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 08:00:37 pm »

Or simply u'll have to run after him sliding so that you would be able to reach him with your shotgun range, besides, who would use shotguns with this perk? A burst weapon will outdamage it, outrange and won't knock the target out of your crappy range.
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

I mean, seriously. Who uses any of the weapons? The game should just have a minigun and a sniper rifle. All the others don't deal maximum damage so there is no point in having them in game.
Also, what use are all those perks? Just leave the critical ones, toughness and lifegiver. Nothing else is ever going to be used by real gamers so it should be deleted.

@Below:
I was being sarcastic. It annoys me when people say a weapon is useless just because you can't slaughter everyone with it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:11:29 pm by blahblah »
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 03:17:54 pm »

I mean, seriously. Who uses any of the weapons? The game should just have a minigun and a sniper rifle. All the others don't deal maximum damage so there is no point in having them in game.
Also, what use are all those perks? Just leave the critical ones, toughness and lifegiver. Nothing else is ever going to be used by real gamers so it should be deleted.

Remember about players who are non-pvp type. In my opinion shotgun is a very useful weapon for slaving purposes. I think shotgun with knock-back should get a chance to be tested.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »

Or simply u'll have to run after him sliding so that you would be able to reach him with your shotgun range, besides, who would use shotguns with this perk? A burst weapon will outdamage it, outrange and won't knock the target out of your crappy range.

yeah thats why i suggested only knockdown not knockback :D

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:36 pm »

A shotgun with a tough chance of knockdown the target ? Seems abusable. =|
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

nah, shotgun could sitll have "accurate". But since H&K CAWS and pancor jackhammer are in the most expensive weapons list, i would see nothing wrong making them much more stronger in close range then they are now. Fast shot + sg build would look cool, as now people only make snipers :>

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 04:25:34 pm »

And a shotgun with a tough chance of knockback seems like a worthless investment, on the other hand, if you want to leave them as "popular" as they are now, you could also add something like a "adds a chance to grow a fruit on the oponents head, that you could gather with a science of 301". It won't make this guns worth it if you add some useless or even an unbeneficial perk to it.(such as a knockback)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 04:32:27 pm »

Did you ever test knockbacks ? I did, and that's why I wouldn't call them "useless".
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

Did you ever test knockbacks ? I did, and that's why I wouldn't call them "useless".

man i played hth with ss hammer, when you knockback you knockback like 8-10 hexes. Jackhammer range is 16, so if you shoot someone from 8 hexes for example, enemy just runs away, simple as that.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

Knockback can be capped, when I talk about a knockback, I'm not talking about a 16 hexes distance (It would be really fancy, but not that helpful nor realistic). I'm talking about a max. 4 hexes knockback.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 04:52:03 pm »

Knockback can be capped, when I talk about a knockback, I'm not talking about a 16 hexes distance (It would be really fancy, but not that helpful nor realistic). I'm talking about a max. 4 hexes knockback.

still knockback, is not criticaly hit and was knocked down. It wont take ap away from enemy, he will just get up and run away, so pretty much no use of the perkand still no use of the most expensive gun in wasteland :>

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 04:53:19 pm »

You can't expect a shotgun to be as good as a minigun. Expensive doesn't mean everything. And yes, knockback takes AP (afair). And seriously, knockdown equals to instant kill, above all if the shotguns do good damage.

I'd prefer good damage + knockback rather than low damage + knockdown.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:56:04 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 04:59:54 pm »

You can't expect a shotgun to be as good as a minigun. Expensive doesn't mean everything. And yes, knockback takes AP (afair). And seriously, knockdown equals to instant kill, above all if the shotguns do good damage.

I'd prefer good damage + knockback rather than low damage + knockdown.

well then make it cheap simple if it cant be as good as its price :> that would work also, and probably would increase usage of it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.