"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:12:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: any other good mmos out there?  (Read 9193 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
any other good mmos out there?
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

practically speaking, i'm kinda bored with Fonline because of the massive lags so i don't screw about as often as normally, so i simply have this whole load of spare spare time (spare time after living life) to blow away and i was wondering if there are some mmos you'd recommend (free to play of course, oh and i have guild wars, got bored after 3.5 years)

so, any suggestions?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
Re: any other good mmos out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:28:43 pm »

f2p sucks, they are always much expensive than standart $10-15-per-month games, if you gonna play them at least month or two.
I've played wow for almost 3 years, great game, but now I feal like I really finished it, aint gonna return even after cataclysm release.
I suggest you to play something like Heroes of Newerth or any other arena-like games. Not MMO ofc, but takes not so much time, gives a lot of fun, and free to play yet, coz of OBT.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:23 pm »

Champions online is pretty awesome, the character creation system is the most open I've ever seen. You can literally make almost any character you can think of, I had a giant cockroach that spits acid and bites people.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:24:10 pm »

EVE Online is popular among people. A hard and uninteresting game in the long run unless you get into a big corporation and like PvP.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not an MMO but you can gather points and unlock random stuff so it is kind of interesting if you're looking to collect points.

Progress Quest is awesome, but plays by itself, so you won't really be wasting much time on it. (I'm in the top 600 on Pemptus after running this game for two years)
<Izual> Let's crash server

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:54 am »

Go play Tibia :P
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:42:59 am »

Dungeons and Dragons online is nifty and based on a micro-transaction model, so you can play for free if you want to.

http://www.ddo.com/
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 02:44:56 am »

You could always try Ultima Online (the best MMO for me so far) if you like the setting...
EVE Online I had tested for 3 days, while the atmosphere and music is really good, the gameplay itself is really shitty..

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 03:13:05 am »

Nah, the gameplay is ok, the bad point is that to begin learning some battle skills you should spend 1-2 months for learning basic skills. Yet, it doesn't need you to be on-line more than 1-2 hours a day, skills continue progressing off-line too. But for me personally it is downside, coz if I'm in the game I want moar and moar :) And spending too much time in the game is almost useless at the beginning.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:18:16 am »

I'd play DDO if my videocard wasn't 8mb

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:34:34 am »

Lineage 2

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:56 am »

Nah, the gameplay is ok, the bad point is that to begin learning some battle skills you should spend 1-2 months for learning basic skills. Yet, it doesn't need you to be on-line more than 1-2 hours a day, skills continue progressing off-line too. But for me personally it is downside, coz if I'm in the game I want moar and moar :) And spending too much time in the game is almost useless at the beginning.

I know, I didn't even really tested it, skipped at point 5 in the tutorial. ;D I just found the atmosphere as really really cool since I enjoy Hard Science Fiction.
And clicking on a planet/Gas planet/a star while travelling with minimum of speed and smoking 2 sticks of grass is the best thing I know.

Unfortunately they want me to pay a few bucks just to enlighten my ganja trips. :( :D

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »

so, DDO is totally free? i've kinda wanted to screw about on it for a while now, but i don't really feel like paying monthly,yearly, or weekly for games, i prefer, if i get a game, i just pay a down price and get to screw about for as long time as i feel like, so, is it true, is DDO free of monthly fees now?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:57 pm »

DDO is free unless you want to pay for stuff.

Just go to http://www.ddo.com and create an account, download the game client (it's big), and sign in and play.  I'm pretty sure you don't even need to supply a credit card or anything.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 03:32:18 pm »

mmm, i didn't have to supply the credit card, but i thought it was a trial version, speaking of which, how's the combat system, i've heard it's different from the norm, just want to see if it's worth downloading around 4 gigs of data just to find out the battle system is the same as all others (click, wait til enemy dies, maybe use some skills & potions depending on enemy strength, rinse and repeat until lvl up, keep on rinsing and repeating until you get bored witht the game)

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »

For melee combat, you hold down the left mouse button.  It auto-swings over and over again in whatever direction you are facing.

You have an active "target" that usually relates to whichever object is closest and in front of you.  The target can be an enemy that you want to kill or a lock that can be picked, or a shrine that you can "rest" at. 

You can interact with the active object in several ways:
  1) Right-click on it to perform a "default" action.
  2) Click a skill or ability on your hotbar.  These actions can be lots of things including special melee attacks, ranged attacks (bows/throwing knives/etc), magical spells, and skills like picking locks, disarming traps and stuff.

Some skills can be used without having an active target, such as "Search", which makes a search check against your stats and skills, and if successful, will reveal formerly hidden objects to you.  Things like hidden doors, or the mechanism that controls a trap.

The leveling system is very close to the D&D style table-top games wherein you have attributes, skills, feats, etc.  The game provides a "path" you can follow which is the recommended leveling route for your chosen class, or you can choose where every single point goes yourself.

When you die, several things happen:
  1) You leave a marker that can be picked up by other players in order to get you close enough to a resurrection shrine to allow you to click it.  (which resurrects you)
  2) You become a ghost that can walk around, but must stay within a certain distance from your marker.
  3) Your equipment takes damage that can be repaired in town or by a player with sufficient skill to do so.

When you resurrect, you appear next to the resurrection shrine that you clicked with a minimum number of hit points and magic points.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.