"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 07:46:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (Beginner) Main character - Sniper?  (Read 4020 times)

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
Re: (Beginner) Main character - Sniper?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 12:20:54 am »

i took Kamikaze... AFAIK you can take one trait if you want... however bloody mess is funny :)
well a good advice is to find some buddies to play with, you help them as a good Sniper and in return they can help you with getting ammo and stuff.
Leveling up? first scorpions then pigrats, molerats till you are lvl 6-7 and have at least 120 SG (and a gun like Desert eagle, Magnum 44,Hunting Rifle...Shotgun will do too, but you will have to be cautious) then you go and hunt some little deathclaws (250XP each and only 50 HP, 15% resistance, threshold 2) this is really easy you don't even have to use FMJ ammo on them. You can make some XP on crafting (small guns)

Then kill other stuff and craft till you are level 21 :)

money? sell metal parts (trader pays 100)! easy to get easy to sell. (for me it is 900 caps every 20 minutes) and with some traders you don't need high barter to sell stuff for a good price.

make NCR your hometown, set a tent near it. don't belive or trust anyone. runaway if you see somebody. if you don't hunt then travel naked. don't take more than 150 ammo with you when hunting. get some healing powder(not the weak one)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:28:43 am by Kharaam »

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:23:44 am »

Do you normally play in realtime or in turnbased when you're on random encounters?

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 12:24:06 am »

Sounds like easy stroll, as always ;)
Do you normally play in realtime or in turnbased when you're on random encounters?
Play in tb, it is much easier to choose targets, who are on their way to you, and shot in thier faces.
And one more reason is real time is so laggy now.
And one more hint: try to look into their eyes to make eyeshots, I'm not kidding. If you will shot into back or from side you will always hit head.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:28:39 am by virus341 »

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 12:29:56 am »

virus is right! TB is better :) read my upper post I added some more tips

Blubber we miss You!!!

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:34:31 am »

Yeah mining with small frame is pain, but you should be a ninja!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:38:05 am by virus341 »
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:13 am »

Thanks a lot for all the responses.. wish there was a sticky with this kind of information. Haven't found information nearly as useful as this anywhere and I've looked, I can assure you...
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:45:59 am »

I can't mine if I'm at 5 strength? Do I need 6 strength to be able to mine with a sledgehammer?

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:10 am »

nope :) - i mean you don't need, you can mine with 5 STR- yeah weight limit will be a pain in the ass, but if you have abuddy who owns a brahmin then...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:51:01 am by Kharaam »

Blubber we miss You!!!

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:40 am »

No, ofc you will be able...to carry 4 iron ore at one time (6 with overweight AFAIK).
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 12:50:49 am »

you wont find any coz everyone have their own point of view and there is no golden way.

Having char like that - killer crafter and no/low drug user is hard.

Charisma 1 & barter - idd now without barter you can sell stuff to some NPC at good prices - problem is with 1 ch you can talk to v few traders (like 1/4rth of them ?) . And having smth to sell and finding trader that has caps on him are two different things ... But even then there is a way - you can grab some HQ ore and sell it to players (mining it aitn easy but you dont need anything part some hammer to get it)
Also another thing that having 3 charisma allows you to use a merc , merc while not being ownage is a nice help - you realy need some exp to tell how you find em.

not suggesting anything - just that probably every player has its own sniper build ^^

major disadvantage of build you are going with is fluffy amount of hp
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:52:35 am by Attero »

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 12:52:53 am »

every player has its own sniper build ^^
how true, man, how true
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.