"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 11:12:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sniper crit luck  (Read 4226 times)

Sniper crit luck
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:16:26 am »

Pretty much all sniper builds I've seen have 10 luck and all the crit perks.

But is it viable in pvp to make a 6 luck SG sniper without finesse but with the crit perks?
Would I still be doing decent damage with an occasional crit while also having higher endurance?
Or is the damage of non critting sniper rifles so low I might as well not try? 

Was wondering about it as the crit chance from luck has been lowered now anyway.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
Re: Sniper crit luck
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:39:48 am »

Ehhm, yes, you wont crit as often as a guy with 10 luck, but how can it decrease your crit damage? Take better criticals and you will be fine. And, yes again, non crit damage is pretty low.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Check the character builder crit chances for a general feel of how it will be.

With 26% critical chance (6 luck, finesse, and more criticals twice) you have like 87% chance to critical on eye shots.

Having 21% (assuming you take more criticals 3 times) isn't going to be that much lower.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:03:38 am »

@ virus341:I understand that damage per crit is the same. What I was asking is if you don't crit as much as a pure crit build are you still viable in pvp? Or is the damage for non critting shots so low that you don't stand a chance in pvp.

@vanessa: Don't think they updated the crit chances yet in the builder. % crit chance has been lowered. That's why I was wondering if going high hp way might be more viable now.

What sniper build works better in pvp:

toughness, crits, lifegiver, weapon handling

or:

toughness, crits, lifegiver, weapon handling

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:29 am »

Yeah, and how was written in someone's post, finess is for crippler-sniper, you will feel pain playing it alone, but it will break those limbs easiely. Cant prove it, coz I didnt play crippler. But it makes sense, 35% base crit chance is awesome, additional damage resistance of a target is an ass, your role would be breaking arms\eyes\legs, but not doing damage. I personally would not play that.

Edit: str 3? Are you energy? And how was written many times, you wont need 7 int, 5 is enough if you will rais only battle skill, and 6 for some additional sp for, lets say, outdoorsman.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:10:52 am by virus341 »
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:06 am »

Keep in mind, groin criticals with better criticals perk will ALWAYS bypass armor, and they also don't have a very low accuracy loss for them.

The -30% damage you get with Finesse is a +30% DR added on to your target when you shoot, so if you bypass the armor with a critical, you don't get that -30%.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:18 am »

I dont like groin shots, you know, I am too sensitive to imagine it  ;D
But headshot is ok
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:22 am »

Fun fact, when I fight centipedes in caves, every time they attack me they go for my groin. It's like I'm in Japan.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:06 am »

Basterds!  ::)
yep its funny
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 01:38:01 am »

3 Str is to safe 2 points for something else while still being able to lvl up to 15 using a desert eagle to get weapon handling. As far is I know there aren't any 2 str small guns.
7 int is so I can raise science and repair to get prof SG 3. I hate relying on others for repairs and ammo. NPC merchant are a pain to use with 1 cha and often don't have the ammo I want.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:44:46 am by Oldfart »

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 01:46:51 am »

Ooook, so we are talking about pure pvp sniper, or just a character to play easy with? If second, than its totally your choice, and should depend only on your game style.
Btw I am playing not perfect char at the moment, he is planned to be 2-pistol-eyeshots per turn without any drugs, also he has 2 cha, to bring my friend with me. Its my choice and I know what I want from him, and what he would be able and unable to do.
If you are not going to make some ultimate build, just play as you want to, and you will always find fun out of it.
Best regards, going to sleep some :)
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 01:53:24 am »

Yeah seriously, Role playing over Roll playing.

I'm playing a one-hander doctor who snipes with a pistol. And it's fun.

You don't need to have the best possible build in order to have fun.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 04:49:55 am »

Wasn't trying to figure out the perfect build. Was trying to get opinions on going more endurance over luck due to luck having less effect on crits now.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 10:20:56 am »

@vanessa: Don't think they updated the crit chances yet in the builder. % crit chance has been lowered. That's why I was wondering if going high hp way might be more viable now.

The old values for eyeshots were reduced by 60%, I think. Or 80%?
So if you got 86% then it currently is 51%. Or 68%.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »

The old values for eyeshots were reduced by 60%, I think. Or 80%?
So if you got 86% then it currently is 51%. Or 68%.
Sources ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.