"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:16:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hella restricting merc limits  (Read 2322 times)

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
Hella restricting merc limits
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:08 pm »

Wow, that's... restricting. Hella restricting. So with my humble 4Ch I cannot have a dog and a brahmin... wonderful...

Is this the CURRENT setting, or devs really want it to stay like that?

JovankaB

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »

I don't think 5 supermutants or 5 slaves mining ore for you is to restricting. Low charisma is your choice.
4 CH is not the best, it's the same number of followers as with 3 CH.

I suppose it's to prevent personal armies (death traps with caravans etc). Besides it makes high charisma more valuable.
Maybe there are other reasons too...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:15:39 pm by JovankaB »

Jack_Fr

• Ex Orphans & TTTLA member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:09:49 pm »

You're right Jovanka, this setting make more difficult to have your own little army (if you loose your mercs, you'll have to go back to the seller) or to make caravan traps with 15 super-mutant with rocket launcher
But it's really bad for one of the new features which is really good, I think to the slave trading which won't be very interesting with this setting about followers.
Don't you think it should be allowed for players with slaver perk to have an unlimited number of only slaves ? Slaves won't be enough effective to make traps and I guess it's possible to make a limit for slaves who are mining for you depending of your followers limit. Should I make a suggestion thread about that ?
You get a nice view of your body as your head sails through the air.
Critical Hit Table - Head - Roll>100

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:38:24 pm »

it's the same number of followers as with 3 CH.
You people scare me. Too much build calculating I think.  I chose 4CH to (with Magnetic Personality) be able to travel with my whole old gang at once (there was 5 of us). It's that simple  :P
-----

Dammit, even +1 followers would do. I think having one spare merc/slave waiting for you wouldn't kill anybody and ruin the balace, right? Especially when the top limit (5) would stay the same.

Yeah, PvP, powerbuilds, exploits, cheats, tricks, grinding, blah, blah. But remember that there are some NORMAL players out there, people who like Fallout/postapo a lot and just wanna have some fun from time to time. And I don't mean myslelf, wiith MP I will be able to have my damn dog, but such restrictions are killing the fun from the game. I understand that limiting number of 5-packs of Supermutants is an important thing, but what my poor ol' Bessie has to do with it?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Hella restricting merc limits
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

I found it fun collecting slaves. Does that mean once I become a slaver again I won' be able to collect a bunch?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »

I found it fun collecting slaves. Does that mean once I become a slaver again I won' be able to collect a bunch?
Yes.

You can only have ((CH - 1)/2) NPC followers without any perks.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:41:14 pm »

Yes.

You can only have ((CH - 1)/2) NPC followers without any perks.

This isn't about how much I can hold when they follow me at one time, it's that there is now a limit to the number of slaves/mercs I can own total, even if kept at base, which I don't like.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:42:51 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:40:28 pm »

This isn't about how much I can hold when they follow me at one time, it's that there is now a limit to the number of slaves/mercs I can own total, even if kept at base, which I don't like.
Follower is defined as an NPC that will obey your orders. Be he on a map faraway from you, or marching by your side.
I think merchs should be assignable to "follow faction" which would make them only respond as one group and controllable from the faction PC. That way you could have your collection and factions could have guards set up without alts.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »

Would be fun if the amount of global slaves would be doubled. So not 5 max, but 10.
It's a pain to replace mercs/slave every time you lose 1
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:35:53 pm »

Would be fun if the amount of global slaves would be doubled. So not 5 max, but 10.
It's a pain to replace mercs/slave every time you lose 1

Seconded. Slaves need to be found beaten and enslaved. That's a lot more than just buying minigun merc for 7k ... Plus they are weak. No need to restrict them so badly.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 12:30:40 am »

Third on slaves restriction, make it more fun increase the amount of slaves you can own! :D

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »

Do player characters count as NPC followers? Because if so, then thats just bad....
How about this system:
The basic idea is that a supermutant merc should count as more followers then weak ones, and players should count as the weakest, so gangs can go hunting or to TCs easyer. I mean...thats the whole point of a transport character with 10 CH right?
(CH-1) = total follower slot count
2 CH = 1 follower slot.
10 CH = 9 follower slots.
1 Player Character = 1 slot.
1 dog/slave = 2 slots.
1 simple merc = 3 slots.
1 strong merc(like supermutant or stronger big gunner merc) = 4 slots.

At 3 CH you CANT have mercs, but have 1 slave, or 2 players.
At 4 CH you can have 1 simple merc, 1 slave+1 player, or 3 players.
At 10 CH, 3 mercs, 2 supermutants+1 player, 4 slaves+1 player, or 9 players(+the transporter obviously) going PK huzzah! \o/

Oh, and merc recruiting should be tied to speech skill, nuff said.

Edit: Magnetic personality would add 1 slot, not follower count.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:42:35 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:53:39 am »

Do player characters count as NPC followers? Because if so, then thats just bad....
How about this system:
The basic idea is that a supermutant merc should count as more followers then weak ones, and players should count as the weakest, so gangs can go hunting or to TCs easyer. I mean...thats the whole point of a transport character with 10 CH right?
(CH-1) = total follower slot count
2 CH = 1 follower slot.
10 CH = 9 follower slots.
1 Player Character = 1 slot.
1 dog/slave = 2 slots.
1 simple merc = 3 slots.
1 strong merc(like supermutant or stronger big gunner merc) = 4 slots.

At 3 CH you CANT have mercs, but have 1 slave, or 2 players.
At 4 CH you can have 1 simple merc, 1 slave+1 player, or 3 players.
At 10 CH, 3 mercs, 2 supermutants+1 player, 4 slaves+1 player, or 9 players(+the transporter obviously) going PK huzzah! \o/

Oh, and merc recruiting should be tied to speech skill, nuff said.

Edit: Magnetic personality would add 1 slot, not follower count.

no, i dont believe that players count anything twards charisma or anything like that, charisma is tied to how many NPC's follow your character, i cant remember properly how it goes, but i think it was
---------------------------------------
CHA  = Follower
1-4         1                       |
5-6         2                       |
7-9         3                       |
10          4                       |
10+Perk  5                       |
im not sure about CHA 1-4, but i have 5 CHA and i can only have 2 mercs at a time, and i can remeber reading on wiki it was 7 you can have 3, and my Alt has 10 CHA and could hold 4 mercs without perk

EDIT: from reading a bit of other posts, JovankaB states that even if you have CHA1 and the Perk, you still can only have 1 follower (or braham in that case)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:01:25 pm by arathhunter »

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 05:31:53 pm »

You're right Jovanka, this setting make more difficult to have your own little army (if you loose your mercs, you'll have to go back to the seller) or to make caravan traps with 15 super-mutant with rocket launcher
But it's really bad for one of the new features which is really good, I think to the slave trading which won't be very interesting with this setting about followers.
Don't you think it should be allowed for players with slaver perk to have an unlimited number of only slaves ? Slaves won't be enough effective to make traps and I guess it's possible to make a limit for slaves who are mining for you depending of your followers limit. Should I make a suggestion thread about that ?

totally agree, slaver player should have at least unlimited global slots for enslavable npcs. That is the advantage being a slaver (traveling with them is another issue).

another issue for slavery is 1st you can not use drug on slaves to recover their healty, only fA is possible. I guess thats some protection to stop abuse drug player. 2nd the price to sell slave is too low, a rope is sold for 100 but a slave 200? price range should be 600 to 1500

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 07:48:23 pm »

I had fun only playing slaver char in pre-pre-wipe and pre-wipe times where I had no global limit. Now character able to hold maximum of 5 slaves would have problem to personally get best of slaves. It IS FUCKED to be a lone slaver. You can shovel shit to buy strong slaves or capture the weak ones. I know the guy who set this system had only COT bots with mutant mercs on mind and whining of victims of radio turn based encounters, caravan traps and town control when the NPC leader was only waiting to die to bring more of radiated swarm on the battlefield. 1. You are able to set radio beacon only before 10 minutes of encounter spawn. 2. You enter caravan traps for your own responsibility. 3. You can raid a town whenever you want now. So this issue has been reduced.

Of course the better way to control that abuse easily is to restrict any follower like brahmins, dogs, slaves and mercs. Putting it into one section is a crime because of no balance between mercs and slaves. Don't even ask about dogs and brahmins. And now I don't even have slaver character and have no longer motivation to update Slavery section in Wiki because of that damned restriction, sorry. I hope system will change and I'll return to building my own slave forces like Caesar's Legion.

Geez...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.