"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 04:30:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Aid/Doctor  (Read 709 times)

First Aid/Doctor
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »

What if First Aid instead of healing the player right away, it just provided a bonus to regeneration. This would make the Endurance stat a bit more interesting, and give players more opportunity for battle while recovering from previous injury, Also First Aid skill could be staggered in a more effective way, with a higher skill providing higher levels of regeneration, a person with low FA skill could provide him self and his friends with perhaps a +1 bonus, but a master could provide up to +10 or whatever. If the player was attacked or entered combat, of course the regeneration would have to stop, as your wounds would have to be re-bandaged as all your wounds would have reopened from the strain of combat. a friend of mine suggested that different lvls of skill could just provide HP regeneration per Tick rather then adding to Endurance, and this would probably be better.

As far as doctor is concerned , i think that the same thing could work with crippled limbs, a % value could be added to the limb in question, and a doctor could apply his skills and cause this % to slowly drop, i mean who heals from a broken leg instantly, perhaps this is a bit to code, but with all the problems this skill as seen, this could be a interesting way to stop people from abusing it in combat. Just get rid of weakness all together and make is so when people die they have massive HP damage and still have crippled limbs when they respawn, you could just make it so instead of waiting for a weakness timer to run down, you are just waiting for all your limbs to heal, and it really wouldn't be all that different.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:25:08 am by Blarg »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 19 queries.