"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:22:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you think obsidian will do a good job of bringing Fallout back to its roots?

Yes
- 17 (58.6%)
No
- 3 (10.3%)
Maybe
- 9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas  (Read 3057 times)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Fallout New Vegas
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:40:20 am »

Hey people, just wondering who has been keeping up with New Vegas, apparently Obsidian has some people that worked on the original fallouts so im hoping they bring some of that old school flavor back.
plasma nade your face off!

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
Re: Fallout New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:47 am »

The team at Obsidian working on Fallout: New Vegas consist largely of people who were in BIS.
I'm actually looking forward to this one, despite it using Bethesdurr's engine. It will be better than Fallout 3, that's for sure (though that's not really a challenge ;) ).
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:26:11 pm »

It will look like Fallout 3 anyway. The only thing that can get better is the story, the NPCs and the changes and additions to the canon.

Still, that one other ugly bastard is in the world and infected everything Fallout was. And as one can see in the Fallout wiki, it's everywhere already.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:32:47 am »

The team at Obsidian working on Fallout: New Vegas consist largely of people who were in BIS.
I'm actually looking forward to this one, despite it using Bethesdurr's engine. It will be better than Fallout 3, that's for sure (though that's not really a challenge ;) ).

Yes, but Bethesda rules, 'cause they have the money. Maybe Obsidian have talent, and good ideas, but FO : New Vegas will be another Fallout 3. That's what I sadly think.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:52:42 am »

Yeah I was pretty pissed about f3. Buggy as hell and ugly to look at. There were tons of trees in F2.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:21 pm »

... Cause that what really matters in Falloout... Trees O_o

Anyways

Im looking forword to play NV as well - I dont REALLY hate the engine itself that much (obviusly Van Buren was way much better project IMO, but thats not the point), I just hate F3 for its stupidity. Pretending that beeing good or bad brings some REAL conqequences, dumb quests and dialogs, raping Fallout history etc. With different team (the best we can hope for right now IMO) it can be really nice game to play :>

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:26:10 pm »

Anyways

Im looking forword to play NV as well - I dont REALLY hate the engine itself that much (obviusly Van Buren was way much better project IMO, but thats not the point), I just hate F3 for its stupidity. Pretending that beeing good or bad brings some REAL conqequences, dumb quests and dialogs, raping Fallout history etc. With different team (the best we can hope for right now IMO) it can be really nice game to play :>

I don't hate Fallout 3, I hate Bethesda because they are bunch of retards who can only make game with good graphics... 1 Shotgun and 1 Assault Rifle oh yeah! And they were saying about 50 weapons... They made big cut, but the thing I liked in Fallout 3 was big world with many places to explore.

I'm pretty sure New Vegas will be much better than Fallout 3, Obsidian is good, they know how to make good games so Fallout New Vegas will be good game but on Oblivion engine which totally sucks, whole game looks like Oblivion with guns :/
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:57 pm »

Anyways

Staring at grey/brown gets old pretty fast.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.