FOnline Development > 3D Development

Recreating Fallout animations in Blender

<< < (5/6) > >>

Slowhand:
Ty, I found some nice looking models with textures. After converting them to blender, here are some shots.

Does anyone know anything about these models/textures? Did this community make them? Or Interplay iteself?

Jotisz:
That looks nice not sure but I think the model is from Van Buren.
Anyway you have asked how to make the render pixelated. When you use an image as texture in blender, that texture has an Image Sampling where you can set some things. There is a filter settings which by default is Box with filter size 1.00 this blurs the texture a bit.
You can set the filter site to 0.10 that will make your render look more pixelated.

Slowhand:
Okay, I will check that, but as I see it, the problem no longer persists, as when the image is very small, to fit fallout size and no AA is used, it gets pixelated by itself. The new problem I had was with the fallout palette, which I tried to set up blender to show in fallout palette colors the render image, but I couldn't. I reached some workaround, but it's not that good, also, I think I will abandon this part.

As for the FOnline engine concerns, the creators shall enhance the engine to support non .frm animations for character animations. As far as I know, it doesn't, the fofrm format exists, but not used at characters.

About the Fallout engine, the point of this was to create more assets for FOnline but I won't do the color palette/dithering in Blender. Probably do that in an external program..

So with this detour of achieving nothing, I'm back on track with animations :)

P.S.: Yes, the character model, texture is from Van Burden, I couldn't extract the animations.

Skycast:

--- Quote from: Slowhand on September 07, 2016, 08:23:12 pm ---As for the FOnline engine concerns, the creators shall enhance the engine to support non .frm animations for character animations. As far as I know, it doesn't, the fofrm format exists, but not used at characters.

--- End quote ---
You can use also .spr or .art or .fofrm for animations

Wipe:
.fofrm for character animations? You sure about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version