"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 11:23:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tracking  (Read 2950 times)

Tracking
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:39:05 pm »

is tracking working at this moment? if yes what perks do i need to use it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: Tracking
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 03:40:29 pm »

Still disabled...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »

Still disabled...

Any news on it if I might ask? is it going to be added soon or?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:37 pm »

"soon", yes. :>
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »

How about we mix it up and make all bases/tents discoverable by a luck roll when travelling.

It's a beta, people! It's time for exciting, sexy experimentation. I look at how much gear is in my faction's base and I throw up a little bit.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »

How about we mix it up and make all bases/tents discoverable by a luck roll when travelling.

It's a beta, people! It's time for exciting, sexy experimentation. I look at how much gear is in my faction's base and I throw up a little bit.

tents were made so people could have safe place for items, whats the point in making it unsafe? better remove it at all then...
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

tents were made so people could have safe place for items, whats the point in making it unsafe? better remove it at all then...

Because it's a gamble! Nothing should be perfectly safe, not even banks. You can place a tent, but there's no guarantee it won't get found. You can carry stuff with you, but there's no guarantee you won't get robbed. You can have a base, but there's no guarantee it won't get stormed.

People always say wasteland is harsh. I call bullshit when you have an undiscoverable base and your bank funds are untouchable.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:54:16 pm »

I guess everyone would make 10 luck characters to discover tents and bases to go there with their faction mates. Besides you can't do anything if someone finds your tent because of luck. With the tracking feature your able to avoid that someone robs you.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:55:50 pm »

After this shit is gonna get implemented, i guess its gonna be quite funny and/or frustrating. Imagine you being a simple bluesuit, you walk out of ncr, go to your tent nearby, spawn in. Start running towards it and behing you spawns a guy and kills you. He starts running towards you to loot you, and another guy, stronger one spawns in and kills first tracker. Hes happy about the loot and all and suddenly half pvp faction spawns in that tracked him and... well, you got the point.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »

That's why I suggested deteriorating. But noooo... People just can't accept losing unused items.

Anyway, tracking is imba really.
Unless you get a tiny chance at 300% and just one-time passage then everybody will be doing it. Maybe just let tents be "infested" by random critters from time to time so you have to kill them to reach your stuff again. And bases raided by NPCs?
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 02:34:42 am »

Ignore that, I should read more about this stuff before I post. :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:36:34 am by Zeke »
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:59:05 am »

Unless you get a tiny chance at 300% and just one-time passage then everybody will be doing it. Maybe just let tents be "infested" by random critters from time to time so you have to kill them to reach your stuff again. And bases raided by NPCs?

This would be awesome, actually.  Imagine coming back to your tent just to have to fight some geckos.  That would definitely add some excitement to the whole thing.  But they'd have to be creatures that don't pick up stuff, because I have guns and junk thrown all around the area of my tent :P
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:40 am »

In my opinion this whole thing sounds like a horrible idea. :/

It's bad enough people get followed if they have more than 1 charisma to begin with. But at least then, you can catch them and just wait until they log off.

And as it's been proven, there are people dumb enough to not notice they're being followed, and they get PK'ed that way.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 06:49:10 am »

I dont like this idea at all,too many griefers with nothing better to do than fuck with people at every turn.Im all for a harsh wasteland but I think this is too much.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 03:07:23 pm »

I don't like the idea overall, I just hate the amount of hoarding that takes place.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.