Author Topic: Tile cutter from pixote  (Read 3862 times)

Tile cutter from pixote
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:14:06 am »
hi everyone im encountering some problems with the tile cutter from pixote , http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Building_and_cutting_new_tiles_for_Fallout_1_and_2 ,

the problem i have in adobe photoshp is that when i run the actionfile i got some error like this http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.04.15/1ew5yvyc4tb6.jpg , i think the save pathfile is from old xp system or something and on win7 u have mostly C:/user.... while the actionfile uses documents and settings/administrator... , ... i know normally it should work but it doesnt though i can save manually all croped tiles lel .

my question is if anybody got some solution to this or maybe some updated actionfile or any experience with tile cutter would be apreciated .

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Tile cutter from pixote
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »
No solution to your problem, but if you are trying to cut floor tiles.. The FOnline engine can handle big graphics. There is no need to cut them into tiles. Same applies to roof tiles, but they would require you to place invisible fake roof tiles, so the whole thing disappears when a player steps under it.

Offline Rikers

• pixel nazi
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 09:02:46 am »
Encountered that bug some time ago. So, you actually created the folder c:\docs&sett...\administrator\desktop and it didint work? I tried that on win xp and it did. Also, the last time I checked the tilecutter had another bug-the tiles were too small (80x35 instead of 80x36), so you also have to make another small script that resizes the cut tiles and copies some content to the upper or lower corner of the tile. Despite this, I've been using it extensively, and its the best tool for making tiles that I know of.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:05:30 am by Rikers »

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:12 am »
Encountered that bug some time ago. So, you actually created the folder c:\docs&sett...\administrator\desktop and it didint work? I tried that on win xp and it did. Also, the last time I checked the tilecutter had another bug-the tiles were too small (80x35 instead of 80x36), so you also have to make another small script that resizes the cut tiles and copies some content to the upper or lower corner of the tile. Despite this, I've been using it extensively, and its the best tool for making tiles that I know of.

well last time i tried creating that folder my win7 denied acsess to me ... havent looked into it yet , but now that u mention that size thing i encounter it too lol .

well i think its easier to adjust the hexmask for the right size but thx for help i wouldnt have noticed it ^^

and yeah its some really cool thing .

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:12 am »
No solution to your problem, but if you are trying to cut floor tiles.. The FOnline engine can handle big graphics. There is no need to cut them into tiles. Same applies to roof tiles, but they would require you to place invisible fake roof tiles, so the whole thing disappears when a player steps under it.

yeah that method is quite usefull , only problem i have now is that i dont see the invisble tile in mapper so i dunno where i place it becoz its unvisible ... any advice how to place them in sdk mapper ?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 06:22:31 am »
Just replace them with colored tiles but don't distribute them with the (public) client.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:30:01 am »
Just replace them with colored tiles but don't distribute them with the (public) client.

aaay thx