Author Topic: Basic question about mapper  (Read 2334 times)

Basic question about mapper
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »
Hi there, I seem to have deleted my mapper key guide, FO2 mapper has a game mode I can press and have a character run around the map ive made, does the mapper have a similar game mode i can activate to do the same?

JovankaB

Re: Basic question about mapper
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:04:05 am »
No, the easiest way to test a map is to replace some of the existing maps in server files, start a server on local and connect to it with client.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:43:09 am by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:03:05 am »
I think it was possible to "remote control" a critter and letting it walk to your cursor position with pressing shift(?) key at the same time. It's not the same, but you can test the effects of object offsets this way.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:14:23 am »
Thanks guys appreciate the answers :) pity i quite liked that feature in FO2 mapper, I dont ave the skills to make that part of the mapper, do.u know what genius I can pester to make that happen lol?

In fact can u point me to a good FRM extractor, I want to be able to bring some Fallout artwork into Photoshop to change its appearance?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:32:38 am by LT_Jones »

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:41:49 pm »
I used this:

dat explorer to browse Fallout 2 dats:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok01v7uvpfj8wtd/datexpl.zip?dl=0

titanium frm viewer to view extracted frms and convert them to other format:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwg0s07jxvkt0y4/titanium.rar?dl=0

You don't have to convert graphics back to frm, in FOnline you can use png or fofrm instead (fofrm is text equivalent of frm, open some example in Notepad).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:47:33 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 02:02:04 pm »
Super, thanks for the links there :) I know about the png, Ive already done artwork in Photoshop for VB maps, its great FOnline lets u use pngs, bonus :) thanks again :)