Author Topic: Map Rotation?+  (Read 1731 times)

Map Rotation?+
« on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:04 am »
Hi again, i ave a couple of questions about maps;

Can i rotate a map?

If i have two maps open can i copy from one map to another if im gonna link them save time laying exactly the.same tiles again?

And what.command do i type in to change a numerical value in object properties window to change a critters pose say if i wanted to place a dead critter anime, basically how.do i edit the values in object properties window?

Is there a tutorial for lighting, unfortunately my laptop doesnt have a numerical keypad, how can i change the lighting then?

Apologies if these are pretty dumb questions but im still learning to use the mapper. Thanks :)

JovankaB

Re: Map Rotation?+
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:56:26 pm »
Rotating maps isn't possible. In theory you could, to some degree, rotate/flip mulitple map objects with a custom Mapper script, but Fallout graphics isn't really prepared with such scenario in mind. If you need to see what's behind a wall, you can hide/show walls using "show" buttons in Mapper.

Yes, you can copy objects and paste them into a second map, simply switch to the other map and paste. Just remember stuff is pasted at the same coordinates, so if you paste objects into a smaller map you may have to move it first or it won't fit on the map.

Dead critters I don't remember exactly how you do it, but you can open some existing map that has them and check the properties. In 2238 there was one corpse in the se_truck.fomap map (inside the warehouse). It's a matter of changing a property value from 0 to 2, or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:19:53 pm by b__B »

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 07:47:20 pm »
Thanks for that was just consider my options when linking two maps using the bottom of the first map to  become the top of the other map, good u can  copy and paste :) wud still like to know how to change the numerical values tho. Thank u :)

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:31 pm »
Just click the number in the properties window and type a new one. It doesn't have to be from numerical keypad.
You may have to delete the number first (or reset it to 0) with backspace key, if I remember correctly (if it doesn't work, try delete key).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:24:45 pm by b__B »

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »
That doesnt seem to work, i click.on the critter and prop window opens Cond is in green i click.on it and it turns red nothing i type in or backspace changes anything and pressing delete deletes the critter :(